taykair

This is my 300th post at Paranormalis.

Although it is, undoubtedly, a milestone in literary history (ha!), it's also about 299 more posts than I thought I'd ever write here.

For those of you who don't remember my very first post (and why wouldn't you? it was, after all, so very memorable), here it is:

Hi, folks.

Getting back to the internet after about a three year absence sure does make for some changes.

Many of the sites I used to visit no longer exist, or have been totally redone. (By the way, if anybody here used to be part of the old Project X forums, I am the same Taykair who used to go by the name Traveller.)

I should warn you that I lean more toward the skeptical side when it comes to the paranormal. However, after reading the site rules, I promise not to try making an ass of myself by constantly posting "PROVE IT" as a response to anyone else's post.

In fact, other than the post you're reading now, you probably won't be reading very much by me.

Take care.

There are a few things I should unpack - and take back - from that first post.

First, a couple of you have asked me, in private, why I stayed away from the internet for three years and why I still, from time to time, take "vacations" from the internet which last from a few days to several weeks.

Well, you see, I use that time to visit alternate universes. I built this machine, from spare parts I had in my attic, that allows me to travel...

No. Wait. That's not it.

Truth be told, I just get tired of it all after awhile. That, and the fact that there's a little something that I like to call LIFE that I enjoy taking part in. Also, before my three-year "vacation", I was online practically every waking moment, and the result was that the quality (what little there is of it) of what I was writing suffered as a result.

I heartily recommend to everyone here that you consider going offline for a couple of weeks or so. Read a book. Sit under a tree. Swim in the ocean. DO SOMETHING ELSE. You'll feel better - at least once the withdrawal symptoms subside - and you actually may have something worthwhile to share with the rest of us when you get back.

Second, I mentioned in my first post that I was once a part of the Project X forums. This was a group of very wonderful folks (well... more or less) that was my home on the internet for quite a while. Some of the stuff I've posted here was posted there first. However, as I said, that place no longer exists. Too bad. I had hoped that at least one or two of them may have stumbled across this place, as I did. Sadly, none have. Or, if they have, they have yet to let me know it.

Third - skepticism. All I can say is: You were warned. I didn't arrive here claiming that a UFO had dropped me off, or that I was from the year 24517. You get what you get. Deal with it.

And then, there was a promise not to make an ass of myself, and I may have broken that promise a couple of times. Okay, dozens of times. OKAY! OKAY! HUNDREDS OF TIMES!!! ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW? Jeez!

The last part, about not hearing very much from me, wasn't all that accurate either. Then again, 300 posts in 15 months isn't all that much, I think. In fact, it's rather paltry when compared to the volume of some of the other folks here. (I recently posted, on my profile, that someone here had told me that I post too much. It really bothered me - until I saw that he had arrived here three months after I did, and had over 2,000 posts to his credit.)

It's just that, when I got here, I didn't think I'd be staying around for very long. To be brutally frank, the subject of time travel bores the living hell out of me - unless I'm reading science fiction. I have very, very, VERY little interest in it. Yet, there was something - a little voice inside me which I have learned over the years to never ignore - that said, "You need to be here right now."

And so, here I am, three hundred posts later.

Will there be three hundred more? Damned if I know. But if there are, they won't be for awhile. I'm taking a vacation. See you in a few weeks.

Take care.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Hmmm, and i thought when i saw the 300, that you were going to be making a posting about the 300 Spartans all being picked up by a UFO when they were stuck on the edge of that high mountain with nowhere to go, and they were in peril of being pushed over it by an army of angry guys!!

How disappointing for me that it wasnt that!! :(..

Only joking, have a great time away from your family on Paranormalis, see you when you get back, and dont forget MY present!! :ROFLMAO:..