6 Surprising Things Falling From The Sky

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
6 Surprising Things Falling From The Sky
7 November, 2013

First version of this article was originally published on 21 April, 2012

MessageToEagle.com - Stories of strange things falling from the sky date back a long time ago.

Over the years, there have been many bizarre instances recorded when things have fallen from the skies that simply do not belong there.

There have been showers of frogs and toads, along with fish, snakes and worms. Blood has been said to fall from the heavens, as well as meat, muscle and flesh.

We have put together a list of some surprising things that fell from the heavens.

These are things you certainly don't expect to fall down on you...

1. Mysterious Jelly-Like Blue Spheres

bluesph30.jpg

Image credit: BBC

In January 2012, residents in United Kingdom were baffled when they suddenly saw strange jelly-like blue spheres falling from they sky. The Met Office confirmed that the jelly-like substance was "not meteorological". Read the entire story here

2. Rain of worms falls from the sky in the USA

fallfromthesky3.jpg

Jennings Police Department employee, Eleanor Beal was just crossing the street to go to work when something dropped from the sky.
The sky wasn't falling. She says it was worms, large tangled clumps of them.

Beal says, "When I saw that they were crawling, I said, 'It's worms! Get out of the way!'"

She even called her co-worker outside to prove she wasn't making it up.

Sure enough, she saw worms, and globs of them.

Where they came from is a mystery, but some believe that a water spout spotted less than five miles away at that same time near Lacassine Bayou could have something to do with it.

A similar event took place in United Kingdom when stunned schoolkids had to run for cover as WORMS rained down on their football pitch.

3. Rain of blood in Colombia

fallfromthesky2.jpg

In 2008 a red rain that was certified by a local bacteriologist to be blood fell on a small community of La Sierra, Chocó, Argentina A sample was collected and taken to the nearest town, Bagadó, where it was analyzed. The priest of the hamlet said it should be considered as a sign from God that people must change their sinful ways.

4. Spiders falling from the sky in Argentina

fallfromthesky.jpg

Image credit: Christian Oneto Gaona

On April 6, 2007, a rain of spiders fell from the sky in Salta Province, Argentina. Christian Oneto Gaona and his friends decided to take a trip to Salta Province during their Easter vacation. They started to hike into the San Bernardo Mountain and two hours later, they found the ground around them was blanketed with spiders of many colors, each about four inches across. They found more and more spiders along their way up the mountain. They looked up, and saw numerous spiders falling from the sky. Some spiders started to weave webs as soon as they reached the ground.

Weird rains like this has been periodically reported from all over the world. Live frogs, fish and many other more bizarre animals have fallen from the sky here and there. But until this time no one had the chance to take pictures of an on-going weird rain. Christian became probably the first person in the world who caught this weird rain on camera.

5. Star jelly rain in Scotland

fallfromthesky4.jpg

Image credit: Steve Chambers

In 2009, a jelly rain fell in Scotland. Scientists commissioned by National Geographic carried out tests on, but they have so far failed to find any DNA in it. Theories for the origins of "star jelly" abound, one of the most plausible theories is that star jelly is regurgitated frog or toad ovaries, vomited by buzzards or herons as it is indigestible, others refer to the remnants of a meteor shower or even a fungus.

This incident reminds of the mysterious jelly spheres which me mentioned earlier.

6. Multi-coloured snow falls over Siberia

fallfromthesky5.jpg

Image credit: Steve Chambers

In February 2007, Russian emergency workers flew to a Siberian region where smelly orange, yellow and green snow fell. The Emergency Situations Ministry said officials in the Omsk region, about 1,400 miles east of Moscow, had warned local residents not use the snow for drinking or other purposes, and to keep domestic animals from it. The ministry said the snow, which fell on Wednesday afternoon, was yellow, green and orange and had an oily texture and unpleasant smell. More than 27,000 people live in the area where the snow fell, but no health problems were reported. RIA-Novosti quoted an emergency official in the adjacent region of Tyumen, west of Omsk, as saying colored snow had fallen there as well.

Many other strange things that are not mentioned here have fallen from the sky. Among them we find frogs, fishes, several various animals, meat, money and much more.

iknowitall

Wow screw those spiders! I'm not really afraid of them but when they start parachuting down at me I'm a bit weary.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Mysterious Jelly-Like Blue Spheres
That Fell From The Sky Are Not Of Meteorological Origin

31 January 2012

MessageToEagle.com - Residents in United Kingdom were baffled when they suddenly saw strange jelly-like blue spheres falling from they sky. Steve Hornsby, a former aircraft engineer from Bournemouth found these strange spheres in his garden, last Thursday.

"The sky went a really dark yellow colour."

"As I walked outside to go to the garage there was an instant hail storm for a few seconds and I thought, 'what's that in the grass'?"

bluesph30.jpg

The blue spheres are jelly-like but have no smell and are not sticky. Credits: BBC

bluesph2.jpg

Credits: BBC

"They have an exterior shell with a softer inner but have no smell, aren't sticky and do not melt."

bluesph1.jpg

Credits: BBC

The Met Office confirmed that the jelly-like substance was "not meteorological".

Josie Pegg, an applied science research assistant at Bournemouth University, specialized in Fish Ecology, Fisheries Biology, Fisheries Management, Marine Biology, and Parasitology, speculated that the apparently strange phenomena might be "marine invertebrate eggs".

bluesph31.jpg

Photo Credits: Phil Yeomans/BNPS

"These have been implicated in previous 'strange goo' incidents," she said. "I'd have thought it's a little early for spawning but I suppose we've had a very mild winter.

"The transmission of eggs on birds' feet is well documented and I guess if a bird was caught out in a storm this could be the cause."

C_jami

Wind that rotates in the atmosphere on a vertical axis, in conjunction with the movements of the air ascending into the hopper tornado appears a phenomenon of suction. On the surface of the water basins, lakes,forests whatever so it can really bring a rain of spiders and frogs and fish and whatever I've seen on Internet that happen in the world. But that blue jelly is scaryyyyyy!!!