9/11 Commission

StarLord

9/11 Commission

And Hack you forget to read it in the context it was written whereby I finished the thought that they were in masks. Do people who feel they are doing right have to wear masks????
You forget I have traveled all around this globe and have friends of all faiths, Seiks also. If you wear a turban and feel slighted by me thats one issue, if you feel that I have said something out of line that is your opinion. Don't forget, I hardly ever go out of my way to check you on anything you post regardless of it's worth or not. I feel your seeing something where nothing rests.

My whole point again was Why the masks if your in the right.

I cant believe you thought I was that stupid to mix Seiks with extremist pickleheads. The Seiks truly answer to God like you and I, whereas the extremist muslims think God says it's ok to go kill in his name and then the duck pops down, you get the 42 virgins.

Hack, buddy, what are you thinking?

*"Listen heeeer buba ma boy, I'll do the thiinin around here, and doooont you forgeets eet"

(*The imortal words of Quick Draw Mc Graw)

HackimerRob

9/11 Commission

You're right, you're right Starlord. I am sorry to have criticized. I don't wear a turban and I did not consider your worldliness. I think I have been sensitized to the incorrect labelling of turban wearers as there have been some incidents here in NY that have been getting much attention. This was not even the place for me to have reacted as I did. I do honor and appreciate your contributions. And you are also correct that you've never gone out of your way to pick me out for anything I've said, some of which I'm sure has contradicted your beliefs.

I agree with your point "why wear masks if you're right and not fearing your mortality", there is something hidden that should not be there based on their own talk.

Also..."The Seiks truly answer to God like you and I" Well, you...but that's another thread.

Please forgive me. I think I succumbed to the whirl of media I subject myself to.

/bows head, and leaves the room facing the crowd.

PyRo99

9/11 Commission

You have not scummed to the world of the media. The media is only allowed down there. Well...some other people do go below the media but thats a different story.

Also, I love how the commission believes that we need to be on the offensive. Seriosuly, I'd love to see their faces if they walked into the CIA, and saw all that is happening. Or for that matter the FBI as well, considering CIA is international and FBI is homeland.

Also, how wern't we on the offensive with Afghanistan and Iraq. Heck, we went around the UN's ruling and still invaded Iraq. However, Afghanistan is a different story, you had the Taliban harboring the terrorists. Iraq you had an insane ruler tortuing those that opposed and could've been as well helping Al-Qaeda, however we do not have credible evidence and or substantial evidence to point int his direction.

Unintentional

9/11 Commission

You know, until I read this thread, I wondered what happened to the libertarian party. They seemed to go lock step with the far left anti war crowd. I now realize they are anti war because they think we should be pulling in the welcome mat and let the world go to hell.

I was nothing particulare that was said here that made that idea click in my head, but a lot of info was jelling in my noggin and something here made that idea cement.

Phoenix

9/11 Commission

I wondered what happened to the libertarian party. They seemed to go lock step with the far left anti war crowd. I now realize they are anti war because they think we should be pulling in the welcome mat and let the world go to hell.
It's one aspect that I don't quite go along with in the libertarian party line.

I don't mind world gov nor justified war. The libertarians are very John Birtch Society and freely grab what ever slogans and far flung theories they can from the far left anti-war crowd. It is not a case of them being either or they are both.

StarLord

9/11 Commission

Rob Hackimer, my friend, you need not apologize to me, no harm done. We have all been asailed by way too much media BS lately.

But, trust me on the part that the Seiks, from what little I know about them and their path, abhore violence of any kind, and I may be wrong here, would refuse to serve in the military as they refuse to kill another human being.

The fact that they do wear turbans (the males do not cut their hair and may sport a ponytail wrapped up in there several feet long) serves only light them up as it were, to the people that are unaware(I was real polite here) of who they are and cause problems for them.

I am sorry to have bitten your head off in my last reply, that is not my style and I know better.

As Cardinal Of Illuminated Icons, I could have just shed light on my reply as apposed to what you read. My Bad. I was having a bad space and took it out on you. My post was bugging me a few times this weekend.

Judge Bean

9/11 Commission

Originally posted by Phoenix@Jul 25 2004, 03:52 AM
I wondered what happened to the libertarian party. They seemed to go lock step with the far left anti war crowd. I now realize they are anti war because they think we should be pulling in the welcome mat and let the world go to hell.
It's one aspect that I don't quite go along with in the libertarian party line.

I don't mind world gov nor justified war. The libertarians are very John Birtch Society and freely grab what ever slogans and far flung theories they can from the far left anti-war crowd. It is not a case of them being either or they are both.

This is interesting because the Libertarians, from what I have been able to learn, emerged from the Birch youth group Young Americans for Freedom in the late 1960s. There was a big split in the YAF, and a competition for members when the LIbertarians started to steal followers away from the YAF and the Young Republicans. The Libertarians were "radicals," and even found new members from the ranks of the SDS.

The Libertarian position has always been against foreign wars and foreign aid, the UN, etc., and is probably what we used to call "Isolationist" rather than willing to let the world go to hell. The difference is a fine one, admittedly. On the other hand, it's my understanding that Libertarians, "conservatives," and many "liberals" would all have been in favor of the war against fascism, and would together fight tyranny.