A Case of Possession? Mother claimed she is possessed, slit baby's throat.

Samstwitch

Demonic possession is very real and does happen. Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999), a Catholic Priest and Exorcist, used to talk about it when he was a guest on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. According to the New Testament, Jesus delivered many people who were demon possessed.

Here's a case there a mother desperately sought help from her Pastor, insisting she was possessed by demons and begged someone to take her baby, because she was afraid for her child. Here is the tragedy as reported on February 8, 2012. Fortunately the baby survived. It sounds like a true case of demon possession to me, otherwise the mother would not have sought help and tried to prevent it. (Click on the green Headline to link to the original article.)

9-Month Old Missouri Baby Recovering from Slit Throat

A 9-month old mid-Missouri baby is in protective custody after surviving knife wounds to her throat. KYTV reported Monday that Bradie Simpson allegedly took her 9-month-old daughter to some woods near her home in rural Camden County early Saturday morning. When a sheriff's deputy found her, the mother and baby were bleeding knife wounds.

Here's a look at the case so far.

* A probable cause statement bears out what happened Friday night into Saturday morning. Simpson, 39, allegedly called police at 10:01 p.m. to report she thought her neighbor had shot himself. Two and half hours later, Tyler Terbrock called sheriff's deputies to report his mother, Simpson, was missing.

* After a 3 1/2-hour search, Simpson was found approximately 225 feet from her home. Her baby was covered in blood and had a laceration across her throat. Simpson's throat was also cut. Authorities rushed the baby to a nearby hospital for medical attention.

* Upon getting a search warrant for Simpson's mobile home, sheriff's deputies found what is believed to be the residue of heroin on spoons found in a plastic baggie in the bedroom.

* The baby was released from the hospital this morning and put into protective custody. Simpson has been arrested on charges of first-degree assault and armed criminal action. A previous arrest record shows Simpson was charged with marijuana possession in 2005.

* The story goes back to October when Simpson went to the pastor of a local church. KYTV reports Bob AuBuchon first saw Simpson on Oct. 20 when she ran into the First Baptist Church of Camdenton. She ran in and yelled for someone to take her baby and that she was possessed by demons. AuBuchon called 911 and the baby went with officials from the Missouri Division of Social Services.

* AuBuchon was to testify in a hearing revolving around the incident at his church, but Missouri officials said Simpson was under the state's care just before the court hearing was to take place. He wonders if he could have done more for the mother and child.

* Camden County Sheriff Dwight Franklin called the baby's survival a "miracle" and believes God had something to do with saving the baby's life.

* Camdenton has a population of 3,718 people, according to the U.S. Census. It is located on the southern edge of Lake of the Ozarks, a large recreational lake in central Missouri. The closest large city is Springfield, about 80 miles to the south southwest.

BlastTyrant

* Upon getting a search warrant for Simpson's mobile home, sheriff's deputies found what is believed to be the residue of heroin on spoons found in a plastic baggie in the bedroom.

I would need a little more info but this statement screams out in all capital letters to me.
  • Sudden changes in behavior or actions is a sympton of heroin use.
This tells me that odds are she was just a drug user who finally lost it.

Yes the fact the baby survived is defanitly a miracle though

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I agree with you BlastTyrant. I don't rule out the possibility of demon possession, but I don't think it's a likely scenario.

It just sounds like a cheap excuse in that case.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I agree with both of you.

Exorcism is nothing to play around and you can get in over your head very quickly.