A Challenge for Harte!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I am impressed with @Harte 's vast knowledge, so this isn't meant to poke fun at him! 100% serious.

Harte! Is there ANYTHING paranormal, UFO, related, etc. that you DO believe in? Seriously? Can you share with us some of the mysteries you CAN'T explain?
I'm curious to know what is in that head of yours. If YOU can't explain it, then we may have ourselves a true mystery!!! So, share with us, and give details.
I really am interested.

TimeFlipper

I am impressed with @Harte 's vast knowledge, so this isn't meant to poke fun at him! 100% serious.

Harte! Is there ANYTHING paranormal, UFO, related, etc. that you DO believe in? Seriously? Can you share with us some of the mysteries you CAN'T explain?
I'm curious to know what is in that head of yours. If YOU can't explain it, then we may have ourselves a true mystery!!! So, share with us, and give details.
I really am interested.
Paula, didnt you know Harteys best friend is Wiki? ;):oops:..

Harte

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any published esoteric mystery I can't explain. However, some of the explanations you might not care for.
Fact is, most such claims I "explain" as not evidenced. Like supposed UFO encounters, bigfoot encounters, paranormal claims, time travel claims, etc. Things that are just anecdotal.
Claims about the ancient world, on the other hand, I can disprove - if facts are claimed (and they usually are.)
Rock Lake falls into both of those categories, BTW. There are anecdotal stories of what was "seen" there, and there are flat-out claims of "facts," like saying there IS a pyramid there and pretending that would mean something even if there was (IOW, acting like Rock Lake has been there for 100,000 years or whatever.)

Should add that there ARE mysteries that exist that no one has been able to explain. Those are mostly concerning science and the nature of reality though.

I've pretty much worn out the "Ancient Mysteries" sections of all the forums I post on. Hardly anyone makes any claims in those anymore. I played a small part in that though - mostly it's just that forums are passe.

Still destroying fringies on facebook almost every day though. Been removed from two groups for telling the truth there.

Harte

Harte

And I fact check wiki before using it. It's a handy link so it is good for these kinds of rebuttals. Otherwise, I'd have to link to a scholarly paper or something and you know these moonbats ain't gonna read that to find the evidence I'm citing.
I have several other websites saved with tons of info I use all the time. In either case, claimants just say my source is lying though, so I don't see the problem with wiki. They even say that when I cite and link a peer-reviewed research paper.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
And I fact check wiki before using it. It's a handy link so it is good for these kinds of rebuttals. Otherwise, I'd have to link to a scholarly paper or something and you know these moonbats ain't gonna read that to find the evidence I'm citing.
I have several other websites saved with tons of info I use all the time. In either case, claimants just say my source is lying though, so I don't see the problem with wiki. They even say that when I cite and link a peer-reviewed research paper.

Harte

Do you trust Wiki, being that just about anyone can add to it?

Have you seen ANY UFO case that you thought could be true?

If you can think of any of the scientific mysteries, please share. I'm interested.

Harte

Do you trust Wiki, being that just about anyone can add to it?

Have you seen ANY UFO case that you thought could be true?

If you can think of any of the scientific mysteries, please share. I'm interested.
Try adding some bull sheet to a wiki page and watch how long it stays there.
Have you never noticed the links to sources at the bottom of wiki pages?

I'm sure UFOs are something, sometimes.
What they are can be lots of different things though.

An example of an unexplained mystery would be the location (even the existence) of the Labyrinth in ancient Egypt.

Biggest science mystery I know of is why the fine structure constant (among several other constants) is what it is.

Harte

Harte

Another way to put it, would be: Have you ever experienced something unusual you can't explain to this day?
I've talked about dreaming of Anubis before I even knew what Anubis was (or looked like.)
But I was a very small child at the time and I can't trust my memory of that.

Harte