A interesting twist

Snakey

A interesting twist

Okay, Nostradamus predicted that the world war would start in 1999 Titor predicted the world war would start in 2005. Perhaps Nostradamus had seen Y2K happening and the whole world becoming unstable and going into a world wide panic but lets say someone like Titor who's world was corrupted because of this came back in 1999 and fixed the y2k problem. This is the only thing I could come up with Nostradamus prediction being wrong. please write your input.

Bye,
Snake

rx7lover86

A interesting twist

Titor did say "What amazes me is why no one here wonders why Y2K didn't hit them at all?" However, why would a time traveler from the future come back in time to assist in helping a worldline that is not his own, nor would he see any effects of his actions if he would return to his worldline. It doesn't make sense.

Also.., by 1999 the Y2k problem was too widespread to be fixed by one person. If someone went back in time to fix it they would probably focus around the 60's or 70's to help nail the problem before it started. But we did have to fix a lot of code, so it looks like this couldn't have happened.

StarLord

A interesting twist

You say that titor is responsible for Fixing the Y2K problem on our time line??
What evidence do you have to support this??

It is my understanding that the story line portrayed titor as being upset and depressed once he understood that BECAUSE Y2K did NOT happen on our 'time line', it proved the Golden 2% variance which meant that he could never return to his own 'time line'.

Perhaps you found something different in the story?

Mudpuppy

A interesting twist

Originally posted by StarLord+Dec 1 2004, 01:00 PM--><div class='quotemain'>You say that titor is responsible for Fixing the Y2K problem on our time line??
What evidence do you have to support this??
[/b]

I think this is what he is referring to:

John Titor wrote:
2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bomb information

Posted by Chris Greycheck on 02-02-2001 10:26 AM
Why not? What the hell is wrong with you? If I knew someone was going to be in a situation where they may die, and there was a chance I could stop it, I have the moral obligation to do something about it.

John Titor wrote:
I can think of a couple of examples. If the Egyptians knew the Red Sea was going to drown them, do you think they would have pursued Moses?

If you could go back in time to 1941 and tell the radar operators to take a second look at the radar screen on December 7th, would you? Before you say yes and accept that parade in your honor down main street, perhaps you should go forward in time and see if the U.S still had the motivation to make the A-bomb before Hitler did.

http://timetravelportal.com/viewtopic.php?...er=asc&start=30

and then this:

Craig Cuthbert wrote:
John - read your page. Guess you're saying the troubles we avoid(ed) during the Y2K scare might be seen as similar to the consequences of not having had Pearl Harbor saved.

John Titor wrote:
Yes, the Pearl Harbor example relates to Y2K. Have you considered that I might already have accidentally screwed up your worldline?

http://timetravelportal.com/viewtopic.php?...er=asc&start=60

<!--QuoteBegin-StarLord
@Dec 1 2004, 01:00 PM
It is my understanding that the story line portrayed titor as being upset and depressed once he understood that BECAUSE Y2K did NOT happen on our 'time line', it proved the Golden 2% variance which meant that he could never return to his own 'time line'.
[snapback]16795[/snapback]​
[/quote]

His mother did state that John seemed depressed after Y2K did not happen. This is an excerpt from the book.

A Letter from John?s Mother

As I write, I can see the movers taking our furniture off the truck. It?s parked half way in the driveway in front of our new home. The larger furniture is coming off now. There?s the couch, our living room chairs and a box of dishes. It reminds me of the last time we moved in 1999 to escape the coming of Y2K. But that was in Florida, a whole world away.

Back then, life seemed more predictable. My husband had a new job, we had a small home on a lake and our son was born. The first time I heard about Y2K I was watching a news program on a quiet Sunday night. I paid little attention to the year 2000 computer problem until April 27, 1998, the day we met John Titor. He called first, came to out house and just knocked on the front door. There in the doorway stood a man who claimed to be from the future. Not just any man, he claimed to be my son, age thirty-eight: a time traveler from the year 2036.

From that day until March 2001, John Titor stayed with us in our home. He told us he had made a promise to my husband?s father in 1975 that involved preparing us for Y2K. On January 1 2000, the world did not end as John said it would. Strangely, this did not seem to surprise him and instead this seemed to be a burden as a deep sense of sadness overtook him

For reasons that are still not clear to me, John decided to go on the Internet and write about who he was and why he was here. During the entire time he was online, I had the feeling he was attempting to start or finish something beyond just being online. If John was trying to get some other message out, I hope this book will help further those ends. For me, my husband and our young son, it is over.

John Titor?s Mother

StarLord

A interesting twist

I am familliar with that and that is why I asked those questions. Nothing points to titor causing y2k not to happen here. In fact, by inference it points to the opposite.

Mudpuppy

A interesting twist

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 1 2004, 06:56 PM
I am familliar with that and that is why I asked those questions.? Nothing points to titor causing y2k not to happen here.? In fact,? by inference it points to the opposite.
Yes. I agree Starlord. That is why I posted the original posts. I've found that when reading the JT threads that someone will take a post like what is above and hypothesize and others will join in and suddenly someone will pop up and say, "I thought I read that JT said he stopped Y2K" and lose sight perhaps that he was only reading someone else's opinion.

:)

StarLord

A interesting twist

I am interested to see what Snakey will say about his post and where he got his information.

tchetcha

A interesting twist

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 1 2004, 10:56 PM
I am familliar with that and that is why I asked those questions. Nothing points to titor causing y2k not to happen here. In fact, by inference it points to the opposite.

As I understand, Titor wanted y2k to happen?! As it didn't happened, our wordline became similar to his and and we probably are going to have instability and so on...??!

Yesterday, the Government in my country was dissolved by the President and we are going to have early elections in February. Just for you to know, until four months ago, no one could have predicted this! Instability, in a country or society happens more easily that we may think.

CaryP

A interesting twist

Hi tchetcha, and welcome to the plantation. I see you just started posting here. Thanks for your contributions. As I understand it, Y2K did happen in Titor's timeline, and that he was disturbed that it didn't happen here. What that means is anyone's guess.

Yesterday, the Government in my country was dissolved by the President and we are going to have early elections in February. Just for you to know, until four months ago, no one could have predicted this! Instability, in a country or society happens more easily that we may think.

So, I presume you live in Ukraine? Yes, instability can happen in a very short term time frame. All it takes is the right stimulus. If you do live in Ukraine, can you elaborate on what happened from your perspective that led up to the instability? If you live somewheres else, can you explain what is going on where it is that you live? I think it would be interesting for the Americans here to read what happens and what to look for. I'd be most grateful if you could oblige.

Cary

Mai

A interesting twist

The way I see it, John hoped that our timeline will be as similar as possible to his, so that the divergence % will be small and will guarantee his return to a timeline almost identical to his original timeline. When Y2K didn't happen, it destroyed his plans and made sure he would return to a timeline very different from his original one, which means that he could never come back "home". (It could be that I interpreted it the wrong way, though. I'm not sure about the divergence aspect).