A Man takes a stand against thugs with badges

titorite

“This is America. This is not a police state.”

“This is one man talking to another. There is a man behind that badge, be like a man. That is a coward pointing a gun at me,” exclaims Natividad.

Understandably, Natividad gets very worked up and is eventually brought to tears during this intense scene.

When we asked him why he refused Natividad answered in a statement reminiscent of Emiliano Zapata’s famous quote which is, “I’d rather die on my feet than live on my knees.”

Nattividad tells the Free Thought Project,

“I wasn’t under arrest the deputy even admits that I did nothing yet had a gun pointed at me. Where’s the logic in that? I was afraid and if I was going to get harmed I’d much rather take it standing than on my face.”

Natividad tells us that eventually two more officers approached him and threatened to taser and beat him with a baton and he was cuffed and put into the back of a cruiser. But he never went face down.

The driver of the vehicle was arrested for DUI of marijuana and released the next day.

Natividad, after standing his ground and asserting his rights, was then free to go.

There is flexing your rights and there is what Natividad did, which goes way further. To lay life and limb on the line to make a principled stand takes true fortitude, and for that, we commend Alejandro Natividad.

Read more at Dramatic Video Shows Man Refusing to Lie Down For Police, Despite Guns Pointed at Him | The Free Thought Project

Khaos

where the wild things are
If an officer points a gun at you and tells you to get on the ground, get on the fucking ground. Just like that Eric Garner case over in NYC. He refused to get on the ground and fought with the police, and they put him on the ground in a chokehold. Yes they may have been too aggressive and stepped the line, but still, when a cop tells you do to something, you better fucking do it, no matter if you are being arrested or not.

History has shown these nuts with guns, wont hesitate to kill you or anyone else. Do you really want to take your chances by refusing to do what an officer says when he has a gun pointed at your face? Hope you have your casket picked out.

titorite

Some men have the courage of their convictions. Some men are not cowards living in fear of the police state. Some men are still real men. This man who filmed this is one. It is better to die on your feet as a man rather than begging for your life on your knees.

The man committed no crime. Their were no weapons. The officers were wrong, and this man was willing to die for his rights rather than live on his knees as a slave. God Bless him. Give me liberty or give me death.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I like that, "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees."

....Although I can't say I'd have the balls to stand up for my rights with a gun pointed in my face...Thank goodness he didn't get killed by the jerks...