A new life in the past

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
A new life in the past

A new life in the past

I believe if time machines were available to everyone, many people would travel to the past for a new life. Very similar to people that traveling west in 1800 for new opportunities, and a better new life than what they left.

I would travel back to the 1950s and '60s, and become a college professor at a small college somewhere in the U.S. I would not try to profiteer from my knowledge and would not tried to find my former self or other family members.

Professor Opmmur @);-

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
A new life in the past

Then you are a noble person. I feel that most would do the exact opposite, given the chance.

Temporal chaos is just a jump away. :huh:

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
A new life in the past

I think that for just a while, it'd be fun to go back to the ancient Roman times with the following:

A fast car (plenty of fuel)
A lighter
A CD player
Some fireworks.

Just to make a weekend out of it. Scare the crap out of people :p

MORG

A new life in the past

One major thing I would do is go back to 1998 and never date my now ex-wife. She's a great person and everything, but too many bad things happened so I would want to change it so that she wouldn't have to deal with all that happened to her. Then I would continue on back in time to pre biblical times. I would never want to return to further in the future. I would never travel to the future in any case. Though many times in the past were filled with death, war, destruction, chaos, and genocide, who knows what the future will bring? Maybe someone would go 10 years into the future just to find that the entire planet is engulfed in iceage or nuclear winter. Would you be able to come back to the present and prevent it? Too much hassle for me. I would go far back in time and live a much simpler life than I have now. The question is "Would I be able to survive?". That I'm unsure of. Though I'm skilled in many trades, would I have the means to do what I had to do in order to make it as a member of the society? Perhaps I'd be a bread baker or beer maker. Maybe I'd help build houses. Would my modern day knowledge of carpentry upset the balance? I'd have to walk on eggshells just to make sure I didn't slip up.
Whenever in time I chose to go, I'd have to study the timeframe very well before making my trip. The past is very frightening to me. But still not as frightening as the present or future.

Phoenix

A new life in the past

Originally posted by MORG@Jul 18 2004, 01:27 PM
One major thing I would do is go back to 1998 and never date my now ex-wife. She's a great person and everything, but too many bad things happened so I would want to change it so that she wouldn't have to deal with all that happened to her. Then I would continue on back in time to pre biblical times. I would never want to return to further in the future. I would never travel to the future in any case. Though many times in the past were filled with death, war, destruction, chaos, and genocide, who knows what the future will bring? Maybe someone would go 10 years into the future just to find that the entire planet is engulfed in iceage or nuclear winter. Would you be able to come back to the present and prevent it? Too much hassle for me. I would go far back in time and live a much simpler life than I have now. The question is \"Would I be able to survive?\". That I'm unsure of. Though I'm skilled in many trades, would I have the means to do what I had to do in order to make it as a member of the society? Perhaps I'd be a bread baker or beer maker. Maybe I'd help build houses. Would my modern day knowledge of carpentry upset the balance? I'd have to walk on eggshells just to make sure I didn't slip up.
Whenever in time I chose to go, I'd have to study the timeframe very well before making my trip. The past is very frightening to me. But still not as frightening as the present or future.
Well said MORG.

mark

Re: A new life in the past

One major thing I would do is go back to 1998 and never date my now ex-wife. She's a great person and everything, but too many bad things happened so I would want to change it so that she wouldn't have to deal with all that happened to her.

dude thats exactly what i want do but luckily shes not my ex wife. but still youre rigth id rather have everything bad happen to me than to her then go to a diferent time i personally like japan

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
This link is an old one July 2, 2004. My feelings have not changed in eight or nine years, I still would love to be a professor at some university in a small town in the USA. I also have a second thought on the subject.

I would start a school for young boys and girls age 6 to 12. The only way you could get into the school, would be to have an open minds. The parents would have to make application for the kids, because it would have only 12 to 15 openings in the school.

I have five daughters and one son, when my three oldest daughters were 6 to 12; I showed them how to manipulate clouds with their minds, make the rain go away, and the sun to shine through the gray clouds.

Years later, my youngest daughter was about nine at the time, I showed her how to rollempty pop cans across the table with the mind; and she became quite proficient at it with practice. Now, you know the type of school, I would have and be teaching kids.

You could never start a school like this in the current times, the way people think about special psychic kids. And also with the child abuse so prevalent anymore.

NOTE: No classes available for forum members.

TimeFlipper

This link is an old one July 2, 2004. My feelings have not changed in eight or nine years, I still would love to be a professor at some university in a small town in the USA. I also have a second thought on the subject.

I would start a school for young boys and girls age 6 to 12. The only way you could get into the school, would be to have an open minds. The parents would have to make application for the kids, because it would have only 12 to 15 openings in the school.

I have five daughters and one son, when my three oldest daughters were 6 to 12; I showed them how to manipulate clouds with their minds, make the rain go away, and the sun to shine through the gray clouds.

Years later, my youngest daughter was about nine at the time, I showed her how to rollempty pop cans across the table with the mind; and she became quite proficient at it with practice. Now, you know the type of school, I would have and be teaching kids.

You could never start a school like this in the current times, the way people think about special psychic kids. And also with the child abuse so prevalent anymore.

NOTE: No classes available for forum members.
Thanks Prof for sharing that with us :)