About This Week's Downtimes

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hello everyone,

As you probably noticed, the forum has been offline for more than 2 full days this week without prior notice. Here's what happened and why it took so long.

Paranormalis has been under attack for quite some time now, by individuals who want to see the forum close for good. A few months ago it was repeated DDOS attacks. Then earlier this week, our hosting provider found a security breach in my hosting account that I was able to fix the next day.

Then last night, the forum was taken offline because of a complain claiming that our community contains potential fraudulent content. From what I understand, someone, somewhere apparently made that complain and it was taken seriously by our hosting provider. So they shut us down again!

I had to work a lot with our hosting provider in order to sort out all those issues and make fixes to the site almost every night this week. The nature of some issues were sometimes not very clear, while at other times, our hosting provider's support team weren't always willing to share too much detail regarding the exact nature of the said issues. All in all, it's been quite a week... Glad it's working now.

Things are looking good right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend hoping that nothing else will pop-up.

See you on the forum and thank you for your patience!

--Num7

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
These people who try so hard to bring down this site are such low-lives, aren't they?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I suppose they are. Maybe we'd be surprised...

We're just here, exchanging about a common interest in the paranormal. Paranormal forums bring great people together, but they also attract a certain number of psychos. They ruin the experience for all of us with their nonsense.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I suppose they are. Maybe we'd be surprised...

We're just here, exchanging about a common interest in the paranormal. Paranormal forums bring great people together, but they also attract a certain number of psychos. They ruin the experience for all of us with their nonsense.
Agreed.