Media Accused witch burned alive: 20-year-old mother dead after accusation

kurisu

f121a4c9fdaef54ed995444811496284.jpg

facing charges of witchcraft.

The horrific burning happened in the Western Highlands provincial capital of Mount Hagen. As unbelievable as it sounds, the young woman was stripped naked by a group of vigilantes who then tortured her with a hot rod of iron, poured gasoline on her, and lit a pile of old tires and trash afire and placed her on top.

Even more horrific is the fact that the gruesome photos of the horrible accused witch burned alive were actually printed in local newspapers like The National and Post-Courier in Papua New Guinea. It appears that the family of a 6-year-old boy who had died the day before accused the 20-year-old mother of witchcraft.

Unbelievably, none of the Mount Hagen authorities have been able to come up with even one suspect in this horrible murder. This happened in the middle of the day in front of hundreds of people, and yet not one arrest has been made.

It is incredibly difficult to believe that something this horrific happened in 2013. It was bad enough that so many women suffered and died by being burned at the stake as witches centuries ago.

Source: Accused witch burned alive: 20-year-old mother dead after accusation - National Strange News | Examiner.com

Samstwitch

This is beyond disgusting! Sick twisted EVIL people are rampad in today's society! Jesus was right...He told us what people would be like in the Last Days, and we are surely living in them!

2 Timothy 3: "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."

BlastTyrant

Immediatly though of the Salem Witch Trials, Guess people are still doing that to this day, sad.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Immediatly though of the Salem Witch Trials, Guess people are still doing that to this day, sad.

I just saw the movie Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. They burned witches too. Of course the witches they burned were all evil witches. So it was okay.

Of course it does make me wonder if witches are real. I don't have any proof. And I was taught in school that witchcraft and magic are all make believe. But everywhere I look nowadays I see lies and deception. So maybe I should just keep and open mind on the subject. It is obvious that there are some people that believe in witches of the evil sort. I would be more interested in reading about the accounts of the people involved in the witch burnings and what led them to commit such a horrible punishment. What horrible witchcraft did the accused witch do?

BlastTyrant

i dunno about Witch Craft but i have seen the results of Wiccans and have even heard of situations of Voodoo.

TnWatchdog

Another Witch killing in the news...
Papua New Guinea Witchcraft Killings: Two Women Suspected Of Sorcery Beheaded
Agence France Presse | By Posted: 04/08/2013 5:31 am EDT | Updated: 04/09/2013 7:37 am EDT

r-PAPUA-NEW-GUINEA-SORCERY-MURDER-large570.jpg

Two elderly women were beheaded in Papua New Guinea after being tortured for three days, a report said Monday, the latest in a string of sorcery-related crimes.
The Post-Courier newspaper said police were present during the killings last week but were outnumbered by an angry mob and could do nothing to prevent the grisly deaths.
"We were helpless. We could not do anything," Bougainville police inspector Herman Birengka told the paper, saying his officers were threatened when they tried to negotiate the women's release.
According to Birengka, who described the murders as "barbaric and senseless," the women were taken captive last Tuesday by relatives of a former school teacher who died recently.
"The two women were rounded up and taken to Lopele village after they were suspected of practising sorcery and blamed for the death of the former teacher, who was from Lopele village," he said.
They were tortured for three days, suffering knife and axe wounds, before being beheaded in front of the police who had been sent to the village to mediate, the report said.
The killings come just days after another report that six women accused of sorcery were tortured with hot irons in an Easter "sacrifice" in the Southern Highlands.
Last month, a woman accused of sorcery was stripped naked and burned to death by a mob, with Amnesty International stepping up calls for an end to sorcery-related violence in Papua New Guinea.
Amnesty has urged the government to stamp out the practice in the Pacific nation where there is a widespread belief in sorcery and where many people do not accept natural causes as an explanation for misfortune and death.
There have been several other cases of witchcraft and cannibalism in PNG in recent years, with a man reportedly found eating his screaming, newborn son during a sorcery initiation ceremony in 2011.
Copyright (2013) AFP. All rights reserved.