Acoustic Levitator

The_Observer

I'm not that intrigued by this device or experiment, seeing as it's very similar to how non-Newtonian fluids react with sound waves.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
But this is the basis for anti-gravity propulsion. Notice that objects are trapped inside standing sound waves. Just like we are trapped inside the earths gravity. So what do you think would happen if that small object being levitated started to emit its own sound wave?

The_Observer

Wouldn't sound waves just be fools gold for time travel enthusiasts? It seems to me that it would apparently be a device capable of distorting gravitational fields. If you were on a planet with exponentially more gravity than Earth, you'd experience time much faster than the surrounding universe. To you, it would appear the universe slowed down suddenly. Sound waves work off known principles, whereas gravitational distortion would work off of quantum principles of which we don't fully understand. Sure, sound waves can propel and hold objects, but it wouldn't be efficient enough to use as a means of long-distance travel. Sound waves work by pushing against a medium which in our case is air. There is no air in space and sound waves don't react the same. And let's not forget, the maximum speed of sound through dry air is approximately 343m/s. We have vehicles today that can travel faster than this.

I don't believe we are trapped inside of Earth's gravity, we're just inside the radius of noticeable effect. Even if we were 1 billion kilometers away from Earth, the Earth is still technically pulling you towards it, but the gravitational effect is so extremely minuscule it's insignificant. We hold mass within ourselves, as we are biological entities. Mass is in direct correlation to gravity. If you were in the middle of space floating by yourself, you'd have a gravitational effect on other objects. You may notice small space debris start to float near or around you. If anything, you are trapped inside your own gravitational field. I believe controlled manipulation of gravity is the key to travelling through space-time.

In the below image, the space-time fabric is distorted by mass, and the "dent" is gravity.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAsqAAAAJDVhZjY2YjMwLWZhMzItNDNlMi05YWNhLWJkMjhiZTBjNGQwNA.png

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Wouldn't sound waves just be fools gold for time travel enthusiasts? It seems to me that it would apparently be a device capable of distorting gravitational fields. If you were on a planet with exponentially more gravity than Earth, you'd experience time much faster than the surrounding universe. To you, it would appear the universe slowed down suddenly. Sound waves work off known principles, whereas gravitational distortion would work off of quantum principles of which we don't fully understand. Sure, sound waves can propel and hold objects, but it wouldn't be efficient enough to use as a means of long-distance travel. Sound waves work by pushing against a medium which in our case is air. There is no air in space and sound waves don't react the same.

Well we know from observation that the object inside the sound wave trap is not emitting any sound. So to escape the trap, it would have to interfere with the sound wave. A sound wave 180 degrees out of phase would nullify the trap. A sound wave in phase would just reinforce the trap. Of course amplitude comes into play. It is my firm belief that a full understanding of how basic forces act is required if we are ever to understand how time works. But in the mean time building a Jetson car might just be more feasable.

The_Observer

For the average person you are correct. The only ones that could be capable of time travel is the government. Even the crashed UFO at Roswell used a fuel that no one has ever seen before. Element 115. Molecules of it have been synthesized by the Russians, but we can't produce usable quantities. The LHC would be required to further our understanding of time travel. Unfortunately it's beyond the grasp of garage-scientists because the tools available to them are like sandbox toys in comparison.