Acupuncture for Anxiety

Kairos

My experience with accupuncture is that it is a bunch of nonsense. I can't say for sure with anxiety, but for chronic pain it is just a way for a person to be in pain with less money in their pocket.

For my anxiety, I take l-theanine and GABA. They work pretty well and there are good reasons for why they should work.

If I were to spend money on very short-term relief like you mentioned, I would just go to a massage therapy place that has attractive women working there and get massage therapy. It's likely the same relaxing experience you got from accupuncture, but the muscle relaxation should have some other benefits in the short-term.

dimension-1hacker

Hi,

I'm dealing with quite a bit of anxiety recently, so much that it almost prevents from functioning normally. Everyday is an battle within to survive until the end of the day, and I feel like I'm always on the edge of cracking up and curling up into a ball under my desk at work, or on the couch at home. It's overwhelming at times and I'm unable to pinpoint ONE thing that causes this, or one event that makes me feel that way. It's like... everything and nothing. Man, I don't recognize myself... I have to do something to get rid of that shit!

So, I decided to go ahead and try acupuncture, as folks seem to be positive that it helps with anxiety, stress and all that sort of things. Never done it before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm more curious than scared right now. Hope it'll stay that way until Tuesday night when I get there.

Let me know what your experiences are.

Thanks!

what can work is: cardio, accupressure, tia chi, meditation, fermented beet juice, sour krute, cocoa, coffee fruit, yoga, deep breathing exersizes, mantra, money, what do you want to do?, 1/infinite, consume daily value vitamins, mantra, confident body langauge add more later

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thank you for your ideas @dimension-1hacker Several of your suggestions do work pretty good. Breathing exercices can do wonder sometimes, to take your mind back to a calm an relaxed state. :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm still swearing by resveratrol. If you don't want to drink wine, eat a ton of red grapes. I have one glass of red wine (evening) and 1-2 cups of red grapes per day and, unless something else is doing it, I'm finding that it helps my over all mood and anxiety for the entire day.

I found this article, too. Note, I noticed the benefits BEFORE I ever saw this article, so it's not a placebo effect.
They say it works for anxiety "due to resveratrol’s ability to control an enzyme in the brain that is linked to stress."

Resveratrol shows promise for anxiety and depression

So, my enjoyment of red grapes in all forms seems to have helped me. Worth a try, guys.