Adam West, mandela effect or just me?

Negan

THE member
First of all, before I start I just want to say a thank you to Mr. Adam West for his work in film and television. He was a very talented man with a sense of humor that wasn’t bound to his age. (I.e., he was no old fuddy duddy!)

Now, it’s 2020 and I was under a strong impression that Mr. West was still with us. I had no idea he passed in 2017. I vividly recall that just last month, I saw an interview with him detailing his future plans with Family Guy amongst other things he was into. I also read an article about him which was recent with no mention of passing on, quite the contrary in fact.

This is surprising / alarming as I was fully under the assumption that he was still alive and working. This isn’t the first time I’ve experienced something similar. I remember in 1997 or 1998 hearing of James E. Jones dying. I remember it was a big fuss amongst my friends and I as we were all fans of Star Wars. (James E. Jones provided the voice of Darth Vader.)

It wouldn’t be before 2005 that I found out he was in fact, still alive to my surprise.

Now, I’m a fan of Occam’s razor. So it may very well be that my friends and I were given bad information or misunderstood events in the late 90’s regarding Jones’s death. I may also currently be misremembering the interviews and the dates I thought I saw them when it comes to Mr. West.

However, there are two other things that have happened relatively recently which have cause me to question things. I live in a town in Norway. This town is old, and while there certainly are newer buildings there are still many, many old buildings down town which have remained unchanged to this day.

Down a road of old shops that connect to each other, there is now an opening to a small set of apartments sandwiched between the connecting set of shops. This isn’t new either, despite being new to me as it appears that the styling is from the 80’s. But I can promise you, I’ve walked that street numerous times a week and have never seen it before recently.

Not too far away is what Norwegians call a “gå gate” which directly translates into a “walking street”. This street has been permanently closed off to traffic decades ago and shops align each side providing a meeting point for the cities inhabitants. Nearing the end of this “walking street” there’s a large building which ends with a flat wall. On this wall, there used to be payphones which have now been removed. However, there are now doors that are also on this wall which weren’t there previously.

As the apartments I mentioned above, these aren’t newly installed doors and appear to be rather old. But again, new to me.

As mentioned, I’m a fan of Occam’s razor and am fully aware that I’m misremembering events or details. Or perhaps I simply haven’t noticed.
I still get a strange feeling about all of this. And I’m adamant that Adam West was still alive.

Just needed to share as this unsettled me. Thanks for reading.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If I were to use Occam's razor I would resort to accusing the news media of making up the death.

Of course my favorite celebrity deaths are ones where several people remember a death occurring. Then miraculously years later the celebrity turns out to be alive and well.

TimeFlipper

Please don't talk to me about Occams Razor!! :D..
You have obviously heard about the subscription based sales of Harrys Razors for Men?..

Allegedly, one of Harrys first concept razors was called, Harrys Occams Razor, that took its design from the original (and probably the simplest and best designed) Cut Throat Razor, that had a very very sharp blade with a handle attached to it..(Picture Shown Below)...I reckon the blade would have been 8 inches long....Harrys Occams razor held 4 blades each of them with a very slight concave shape, and all four of them being 2 inches long and stacked closely together one after each other at 25 degree angled slants...I was given one of them (from a friend of a friend) to try out..

When i first tested the Razor i thought all 4 blades were not very sharp at all, so I kept changing the angle of the razor on my face and pressed a bit harder at the same time...The plastic holder for the 4 blades suddenly broke away from the handle, but not before a small chunk of flesh on the side of my face was gouged out...I have since tried out Harry`s latest razor blades and found them perfect for my own use, better than the Gillette razor blades I had been using!!

Occams Razor actually means in one sense, that the "simplest" way to design something, tends to be the fastest and best way to design something, but it also has to follow other parameters such as user safety and general fitness for purpose, which were lacking in the concept design of the Occams Razor that the TimeFlipper was testing out!! :eek::LOL:..

Picture of a Cut Throat Razor..8951...

Last edited:

Angelface239

Please don't talk to me about Occams Razor!! :D..
You have obviously heard about the subscription based sales of Harrys Razors for Men?..

Allegedly, one of Harrys first concept razors was called, Harrys Occams Razor, that took its design from the original (and probably the simplest and best designed) Cut Throat Razor, that had a very very sharp blade with a handle attached to it..(Picture Shown Below)...I reckon the blade would have been 8 inches long....Harrys Occams razor held 4 blades each of them with a very slight concave shape, and all four of them being 2 inches long and stacked closely together one after each other at 25 degree angled slants...I was given one of them (from a friend of a friend) to try out..

When i first tested the Razor i thought all 4 blades were not very sharp at all, so I kept changing the angle of the razor on my face and pressed a bit harder at the same time...The plastic holder for the 4 blades suddenly broke away from the handle, but not before a small chunk of flesh on the side of my face was gouged out...I have since tried out Harry`s latest razor blades and found them perfect for my own use, better than the Gillette razor blades I had been using!!

Occams Razor actually means in one sense, that the "simplest" way to design something, tends to be the fastest and best way to design something, but it also has to follow other parameters such as user safety and general fitness for purpose, which were lacking in the concept design of the Occams Razor that the TimeFlipper was testing out!! :eek::LOL:..

Picture of a Cut Throat Razor..View attachment 8951...
Okay.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Adam West, the one true Batman!
I wouldn't bet on that. :LOL: Michael Keaton and voice actor Kevin Conroy are great as Batman as well. In fact, I think those two are considerably better at portraying Batman than Adam West, who played a sugar-coated Batman in the campy 60s TV series.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the 60s live-action Batman series was a great, funny, and entertaining show, but can't hold a candle to the Batman live-action films and especially Batman: The Animated Series, which were heavily influenced by the comics that started it all! :D

Please respect my point of view here, and don't crucify me for it. :LOL:

Note: Christian Bale is not mentioned as being a "great" Batman because I don't think his portrayal of the character was as good as Keaton or Conroy, but was nonetheless a bit better than Mr. West. However, Mr. Bale nailed the role as Bruce Wayne, Batman's alter ego. :)

TimeFlipper

I wouldn't bet on that. :LOL: Michael Keaton and voice actor Kevin Conroy are great as Batman as well. In fact, I think those two are considerably better at portraying Batman than Adam West, who played a sugar-coated Batman in the campy 60s TV series.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the 60s live-action Batman series was a great, funny, and entertaining show, but can't hold a candle to the Batman live-action films and especially Batman: The Animated Series, which were heavily influenced by the comics that started it all! :D

Please respect my point of view here, and don't crucify me for it. :LOL:

Note: Christian Bale is not mentioned as being a "great" Batman because I don't think his portrayal of the character was as good as Keaton or Conroy, but was nonetheless a bit better than Mr. West. However, Mr. Bale nailed the role as Bruce Wayne, Batman's alter ego.

Iam going along with Num7 that Adam West and Burt Ward were THE best Batman and Robin duo...They followed the original comic magazines that portrayed the Dynamic Duo, in slapstick comedy, thanks to a great director!!….WHAMMM..BASH...Crashhhhh...AAAARG...KAZOOOM...:LOL:..

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Iam going along with Num7 that Adam West and Burt Ward were THE best Batman and Robin duo...They followed the original comic magazines that portrayed the Dynamic Duo, in slapstick comedy, thanks to a great director!!….WHAM..BASH...Crashhhhh...AAAARG...KAZOOOM...:LOL:..
I understand and respect your opinion. Although I do want to point out something here: I forgot to mention that the slapstick comedy via the sound effects you mentioned was the one aspect of the original DC comics that the creators of the campy 60s series were loyal to, and the rest of the series was loosely based off the comics.

Note: Although it's highly unlikely that I'll change your opinion (in fact, I don't really want to, because I don't want everyone to agree on everything), I hope you understand mine. ;)

TimeFlipper

I understand and respect your opinion. Although I do want to point out something here: I forgot to mention that the slapstick comedy via the sound effects you mentioned was the one aspect of the original DC comics that the creators of the campy 60s series were loyal to, and the rest of the series was loosely based off the comics.

Note: Although it's highly unlikely that I'll change your opinion (in fact, I don't really want to, because I don't want everyone to agree on everything), I hope you understand mine. ;)

I already mentioned the slap stick comedy and the comics myself, way before you did man....So how can I respect your views when you only copied what i wrote, and watch the video clip I left for you :LOL::p..

TimeFlipper

@Num7 ClassicalFan is a great guy and a good moderator, but he was outvoted by you and me, on the Batman Robin 1960s actors preference...He is a sore loser man! :LOL: joking of course :whistle:..