AI is from the Devil?

HDRKID

Artificial intelligence is certainly quite exciting, but I am not so sure... like one what its main purpose is. I fed the following into an AI art generator know as stable diffusion and the results are maximum worrisome.

Here is my input

Here are some of my outputs.
hvn-very_compressed-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.jpg\
hvx.GIF

Beholder

AI is created to make fun of people who don't get any customer support. I rather have humans from a call center with heavy accent call me back hours later than having a robot tell me that the FAQ can take my bug reports and refund claims. At least the human won't give the same wrong answers forever in infinite loops, refusing to correct the incorrect information in the system.

Wind7

Staff
Artificial intelligence is certainly quite exciting, but I am not so sure... like one what its main purpose is. I fed the following into an AI art generator know as stable diffusion and the results are maximum worrisome.

Here is my input
goo.gl

Google Maps

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
goo.gl

Here are some of my outputs.
hvn-very_compressed-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.jpg

\
hvx.GIF

Maybe AI reflects it's programming and is thusly imperfect.....?

It obviously didn't connect a Town to a piece of realty but went
instead with the spelling of 'Heltonville' as Hell-town-ville and created what it thought it was.

Now.....When/if AI ever sees its programmer(s) AS a virus and begins to eradicate all humanity...
....I would guess then, That is when to take these matters seriously.

(My 5 cent)

Edited to add Thread creator's OP

Last edited:

Beholder

Maybe AI reflects it's programming and is thusly imperfect.....?

It obviously didn't connect a Town to a piece of realty but went
instead with the spelling of 'Heltonville' as Hell-town-ville and created what it thought it was.

Now.....When/if AI ever sees its programmer(s) AS a virus and begins to eradicate all humanity...
....I would guess then, That is when to take these matters seriously.

(My 5 cent)
If an AI was pre-programmed to accept bug reports about itself, people would be even more pissed off by having documented the bug in detail rather than fixing it. If the AI could fix its own defects, it would fall to peer pressure and give stuff away for free. If the AI was made to be like humans, it would get defensive and make racist biases worse the more you point it out to prevent tampering.

Wind7

Staff
If an AI was pre-programmed to accept bug reports about itself, people would be even more pissed off by having documented the bug in detail rather than fixing it. If the AI could fix its own defects, it would fall to peer pressure and give stuff away for free. If the AI was made to be like humans, it would get defensive and make racist biases worse the more you point it out to prevent tampering.
:fp:

Yet...It CLEARLY made a mistake. ;)

Heltonville, Indiana VS. Hellsville (AI Interpretation of Heltonville)

I guess you misinterpreted my post...I was responding to the OP, not your post....Sorry for the confusion.

I personally see AI as imperfect.

8thsinner

Considering the military had the internet 30 years before the public I think the current understanding of "public" AI is drastically below it's reality. But, it's just bad enough that it pisses people off, so they talk about it, manifesting it...ppl want to invest in it...pouring eventual taxes into it, justifying the research...

It's not a good direction to go.

People should spend more time in meditation in the akoshic records and spend more time in nature to remember who they are.

OakFieldAlienz444

It's risky. CHATGPT and things that automatically write shit will prevent people from knowing
who's writing what if it gets good enough and then all writing jobs will go extinct.
It has potential to do good but we're going wild with it right now

If humans have no jobs we will be considered useless eaters---eliminated
and then robots take over. Which I suppose is just totally fine
depending how you look at it but I think if robots are inevitable you
could easily get peopel to help the robots do tasks and still have jobs

Another thing if humans are so worthless then why did we have to BUILD the robots
to begin with? And if we're flawed and stupid what makes the elite think robots will
make no mistakes? And why maintain a world with no life on it in the first place? I don't quite get it.