Algae Powered Computer

Num7

Administrator
Staff
1652713279087.pngA team of researchers at the University of Cambridge have powered a microprocessor for a year using blue-green algae. The power-producing cyanobacteria were enclosed in an AA battery-sized plastic and metal container with an aluminum anode, and connected to an Arm Cortex-M0 microprocessor. Scientists think the electrical output was the result of a bio-electrochemical process in which the algae generated electrons which moved across bacterial membranes to the aluminum anode. The bio-battery worked in both light and dark conditions, powering the microprocessor from February to August 2021 (and an additional six months afterward), and it continues to produce current. "It's still running and I hope it will run for very long time. Given the right conditions of light, temperature and water, I cannot predict when it will stop," said biochemist Paolo Bombelli.

Source:

Beholder

So the mystery jar of green slime in my blind grandma's basement might have been a powerful battery. :unsure:

Wind7

Staff
I have discovered by utilizing the same principle (Or general scientific theorem behind)
I have been using an old, moldy piece of cake (or maybe it's meat??) to power my refrigerator light for years.

It however, only works when the door is closed.

;)

Wind7

Staff
So the mystery jar of green slime in my blind grandma's basement might have been a powerful battery. :unsure:

I remember seeing Mystery Jars of floating things in my Grandparent's basement as well.

Looked like they had Poo in them with labels stuck to the front....
...With contents like MOM (Peas and Carrots-Year 1823)...I have no idea why....:unsure:

Art

Seriously :

The vegatal reign is more complex than we think. He have a spiritual brain, that is show by kirilian photography. When somes peoples put cellular vegetable in an electric rizomme they produce an electric signal that can be interpretated like a new form of visioning others world, the Univers itself.
No so surprising that can be use for making a superbrain computer or a simple battery.
Thank for the information.

Beholder

Seriously :

The vegatal reign is more complex than we think. He have a spiritual brain, that is show by kirilian photography. When somes peoples put cellular vegetable in an electric rizomme they produce an electric signal that can be interpretated like a new form of visioning others world, the Univers itself.
No so surprising that can be use for making a superbrain computer or a simple battery.
Thank for the information.
matrix_pods.jpg

Now we just have to build this powerplant for our master robots that are already making life and death decisions, full of bugs and absurd judgements, with the impunity of a government and no oversight by humans.

TimeFlipper

matrix_pods.jpg

Now we just have to build this powerplant for our master robots that are already making life and death decisions, full of bugs and absurd judgements, with the impunity of a government and no oversight by humans.
Have no fear, the TimeFlipper is on the case with yet another TimeFlipper approved resonant sonic device that will smash up all of those master robots into tiny pieces :eek: