Algorithms Chatting To Each Other?

TimeFlipper

It appears that Facebook shut down an experiment for artificial intelligence with two algorithms acting as "chat bots" called Alice and Bob...Apparently they started chatting to each other in a language that no one could understand!! :eek:..

I think most of our members understand my humour by now, so im asking for comments on what "you" think they were saying to each other :D..

Also please tell us if you think this is just a joke put forward by Facebook`s owners, or could it actually be the truth, and we are a very close step nearer from being ruled by AI :eek:...

_97145697_sun.jpg

TimeFlipper

Anyone who uses chat sites will know that they have "bots" robots in other words, Paranormalis have them too..but they are essentially algorithms..
Algorithms use the English language...Apparently "Alice and Bob" stopped using English and carried on in some unknown language..

My take on it is that there was an error which occurred in both algorithms simultaneously, and they were not simply chatting in some unknown language..
I believe Facebook knew about the errors, but simply wanted to get themselves on the front page of the fastest selling newspaper in the UK :D

Blue Wolf

#1 Wolf in Investigation
It appears that Facebook shut down an experiment for artificial intelligence with two algorithms acting as "chat bots" called Alice and Bob...Apparently they started chatting to each other in a language that no one could understand!! :eek:..

I think most of our members understand my humour by now, so im asking for comments on what "you" think they were saying to each other :D..

Also please tell us if you think this is just a joke put forward by Facebook`s owners, or could it actually be the truth, and we are a very close step nearer from being ruled by AI :eek:...

View attachment 6482
Nothing about that seems too terrible.
For all we understand, they could of been chatting about the weather.
It's probably some form of a joke.