Aliens: the possibility

Kairos

Item 2 is only your opinion!

No. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. For this very reason every single NASA mission to another planet or moon has a Planetary Protection Officer whose job it is to keep Earth biosphere from infecting the other world.

Planetary Protection is the practice of protecting solar system bodies from contamination by Earth life and protecting Earth from possible life forms that may be returned from other solar system bodies. NASA’s Office of Planetary Protection promotes the responsible exploration of the solar system by implementing and developing efforts that protect the science, explored environments and Earth.

NASA's Planetary Protection policies and requirements ensure safe and verifiable scientific exploration for extraterrestrial life. The main objectives are to

• Carefully control forward contamination of other worlds by terrestrial organisms and organic materials carried by spacecraft in order to guarantee the integrity of the search and study of extraterrestrial life, if it exists.
  • Rigorously preclude backward contamination of Earth by extraterrestrial life or bioactive molecules in returned samples from habitable worlds in order to prevent potentially harmful consequences for humans and the Earth’s biosphere.

To accomplish these goals, the Office of Planetary Protection assists in the construction of sterile (or low biological burden) spacecraft, the development of flight plans that protect planetary bodies of interest, the development of plans to protect the Earth from returned extraterrestrial samples, and the formulation and application of space policy as it applies to Planetary Protection.

Planetary Protection works in conjunction with solar system mission planners in order to ensure compliance with NASA policy and international agreements. Ultimately, the objective of Planetary Protection is to support the scientific study of chemical evolution and the origins of life in the solar system.

Additional information regarding Planetary Protection can be found on the Office of Planetary Protection page, as well as the Committee on Space Research website.

TimeFlipper

No. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. For this very reason every single NASA mission to another planet or moon has a Planetary Protection Officer whose job it is to keep Earth biosphere from infecting the other world.

Excuse Me!..Our new member created a posting which states (yet again i make the point to you, ad nauseum), Aliens: The Possibility...He didnt type, "Alien Organisms The Possibility"...Why dont you attempt to respect the thread titles that new members create, instead of veering away to discuss topics that only YOU want to discuss!..

The thread title (once again) is Aliens: The Possibility...Therefore follow up with YOUR opinions as to why Aliens could never have landed on Earth!...Although i doubt very much, given your predilection of continually going contextually off topic, we shall see anything of worthiness emanating from your fingertips..

Kairos

Excuse Me!..Our new member created a posting which states (yet again i make the point to you, ad nauseum), Aliens: The Possibility...He didnt type, "Alien Organisms The Possibility"...Why dont you attempt to respect the thread titles that new members create, instead of veering away to discuss topics that only YOU want to discuss!..

The thread title (once again) is Aliens: The Possibility...Therefore follow up with YOUR opinions as to why Aliens could never have landed on Earth!...Although i doubt very much, given your predilection of continually going contextually off topic, we shall see anything of worthiness emanating from your fingertips..

No excuse you. I specifically made an exception for the possibility of machines or spirits or whatever. You are the one sperging out here.