Alternative Soulutions For Future Weaponry?

GVT12

Is there a potential within our future to replace ballistic weapons?
Perhaps it may! --- The very concept of alternative weaponry carries less risk of unintended fatalities, while reducing the expense to produce ammunition. since the replacement ammo would be composed of a magnetic electrical containment unit of sorts, it would only require the user to ensure a good charge remains within the unit's battery and supercharging system.

The implications point to how this new form of alternative weaponry may some day provide us with, yet another distinct tool of opportunity, while providing a means to expidite the processes of delivering more effective global, and social economic reforms that may have been much more difficult to improve upon otherwise. One of the gratest hopes for humanity to improve upon our current social environment in ways that would enable us to evolve into a more advanced form of peaceful humans, thus something as simple as finding an alternative to ballistic weapons and other forms of destructive devices out of our hands may open many other new opportunities for social mass evolution. Who knows for certain? Only "Time" will tell.

Solutions like these do offer us the potential to create a much grander collective unification on a more peaceful platform, yet on the other hand, it may open up a new pathway leading to greater dangers ahead if we don't use it responsibly and allow the technology to progress towards a more destructive use. The outcome of such technologies depends upon how we choose to use these devices. Like any new technology that becomes available, (and mass produced), we can either use it to preserve life, or destroy it. In any case, it always comes down to intent.

Primarily, if such noble intentions are persued to ensure we use this technology to emancipate humanity, instead of destroying ourselves with it, perhaps we may stand a much greater opportunity to evolve providing that we continue to put such technology to proper use, while striving towards a more harmonic, and peaceful evolvement, and one that resonates with the objective to provide humanity as a whole, with an equal opportunity to participate, and be equally rewarded for their efforts.

In order to do what is demanded of us to make progressive steps towards such a peaceful global unification, it will take a great effort of continued dedication, and countless contributions of self sacrifices if we wish to actively persue such noble intentions. moreover, it will require our global leaders to "Lead By Example" by setting the example for everyone else to follow. If we are to be led towards a more peaceful, and advanced form of human social development, then we must demand of our global leaders to deliver a more effective means to establish a Cooperative Global Government as such.

Such an environment that restrains themselves enough to take on the initiative, and self discipline one under such a global reform as mentioned, perhaps may no longer require the need to continue drawing lines in the sand.

Regardless if such a dream of a global utopia could be possible, (let alone withstand the test of "Time") only courage to change, and the strong desire for effective change accompanied by the willingness to get outside the confines of our comfort zones while taking on the challenge of casting away our need to live in fear of one another, only then we may discover what is required of us to lay the foundations to start taking positive and effective steps that would get us closer to such peaceful objectives.

From Alternative weapons, to Molecular biology; any promise to show good faith for these new technological advancements have the ability to demonstrate to us how they can effectively improve upon the quality of our lives, yet it is of our own choosing which can make us, or break us. It all depends on where our sense, and sensibilities remain during the progressions of such aspirations. it is the actions we apply as a whole, that determines the outcome of what becomes of technology and human advancement, thus it relies upon the center of our intent as a whole.

"Technology doesn't kill people, People "Do".

---Gary Voss

Alternative Solutions For Modern Defense Weaponry ?

"Shielding is ineffective. The scalar pulse (or continuous wave)
can go anywhere gravity can go. It penetrates the steel hull of
tanks and armored vehicles. It penetrates underground shelters and
bunkers. It penetrates pillboxes and fortifications. Foxholes are
no protection. Just shoot through the earth into them. There is no
longer any place to hide."
http://www.tldm.org/news4/deathraygun.htm

--- [Additional Ref/s]---

* The Soviet Challenge In Space: Illustrating The Threat
Defensive Weapons Beginning in the 1960s, the Soviet Union conducted a substantial
research program to develop a defense against ballistic missiles. The
Soviets built, and Russia continues to maintain, the world's only
operational anti-ballistic missile system. Additional programs
focused on the development of other ground- and space-based weapons
using laser, particle beam, and kinetic energy technology.
http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/gal114/...c600/sec630.htm

* Space Weapons in Development

The U.S. Space Command doesn't hide the fact that it wants to
establish U.S. supremacy in space. In its Vision for 2020 report, the
Space Command points out that military forces have always evolved to
protect national interests, both military and economic. The report
suggests that space weapons must be developed to protect U.S.
satellites, and other space vehicles, as other countries develop the
ability to launch spacecraft into space. In 1997, Assistant Secretary
of the Air Force for Space, Keith R. Hall, said, "With regard to
space dominance, we have it, we like it and we're going to keep it."
The Pentagon has said that as space enterprises begin to gain
commercial advantage, there will be those who try to take some of the
profits by attacking those space enterprises. Here are some of the
space weapons currently under development:

Chemical Lasers, Particle Beams, and Military Space Planes.
There are at least three laser systems being developed for either
space-based or ground-based weapons. All three are a type of chemical
laser that involves the mixing of chemicals inside the weapon to
create a laser beam. While a space-based laser system is still about
20 years from being realized, there are three lasers being considered
for it, including hydrogen fluoride (HF), deuterium fluoride (DF) and
chemical oxygen iodine (COIL).
http://science.howstuffworks.com/space-war2.htm

* Proton Gun
(The business end of a mobile particle accelerator.)

Okay, there are no such things as ghosts. However, there are weapons
that you might use to fight them; chief among these is the Proton Gun, a kind of particle-beam weapon, developed for the famous Ghostbusters. Particle-beam weapons are devices that accelerate subatomic particles or atoms to velocities near the speed of light,
focused into a narrow stream. The energy of the weapon is the aggregate kinetic energy of the individual particles forming the beam. A lightning bolt, a flow of electrons, is similar to a particle
beam. For those still keeping up with these weapons, there are two general types, classified by their use: charged particle-beam weapons (endoatmospheric use) and neutral particle-beam weapons (exoatmospheric use).
http://technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=120

* Personal Beam Weapons for GURPS

This pages lists numerous Beam Weapons developed using the rules in
GURPS Vehicles, 2d. ed. Due to the complexity of the calculations
involved, we provide much of the "raw data" used to develop the
weapons so that you can double-check our calculations if you want.
Please report any errors to [email protected] so that we
can get them corrected.

Notes about printing this page: We've found that only AOLPress will
print this page correctly (i.e. with the left half on page one, and
the right half on page two). Netscape Navigator 3.x, Netscape
Communicator (beta 2), and Internet Explorer 3.x will not print this
page correctly. Sorry. AOLPress is a free web site development tool,
and you can find it at http://www.aolpress.com.
http://www.patric.net/morpheus/gurps/hbeams.html

[GURPS TL 08-13]

There were a number of severe technological hurdles in the
development of hand-held, high-energy weapons that could not be
crossed until very recently. Even so limitations of the power cell
technology (see the power cell section farther on) has prevented them
from functioning in the normal fashion. All high energy weapons
cannot be powered by power cells, they must use power cartridges
(GURPS Ultra-Tech, page 60) or be directly powered from a reactor or
similar.
http://www.agamemnon.net/crossroads/GURPS/...eamweapons.html

Above Top Secret 4.0 ? Military & Government Projects ? Lasers vs
Particle weapons...
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread16339/pg1

Soviets built, and Russia continues to maintain, the world's only
operational anti-ballistic missile system. Additional programs
focused on the development of other ground- and space-based weapons
using laser, particle beam, and kinetic energy technology.
http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/gal114/...c600/sec630.htm

* Space Weapons in Development

The U.S. Space Command doesn't hide the fact that it wants to establish U.S. supremacy in space. In its Vision for 2020 report, the Space Command points out that military forces have always evolved to protect national interests, both military and economic. The report
suggests that space weapons must be developed to protect U.S. satellites, and other space vehicles, as other countries develop the ability to launch spacecraft into space. In 1997, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Space, Keith R. Hall, said, "With regard to
space dominance, we have it, we like it and we're going to keep it." The Pentagon has said that as space enterprises begin to gain commercial advantage, there will be those who try to take some of the profits by attacking those space enterprises. Here are some of the
space weapons currently under development:

Chemical Lasers, Particle Beams, and Military Space Planes.
There are at least three laser systems being developed for either
space-based or ground-based weapons. All three are a type of chemical
laser that involves the mixing of chemicals inside the weapon to
create a laser beam. While a space-based laser system is still about
20 years from being realized, there are three lasers being considered
for it, including hydrogen fluoride (HF), deuterium fluoride (DF) and
chemical oxygen iodine (COIL).
http://science.howstuffworks.com/space-war2.htm

* Proton Gun

The business end of a mobile particle accelerator.
Okay, there are no such things as ghosts. However, there are weapons
that you might use to fight them; chief among these is the Proton
Gun, a kind of particle-beam weapon, developed for the famous
Ghostbusters. Particle-beam weapons are devices that accelerate
subatomic particles or atoms to velocities near the speed of light,
focused into a narrow stream. The energy of the weapon is the
aggregate kinetic energy of the individual particles forming the
beam. A lightning bolt, a flow of electrons, is similar to a particle
beam. For those still keeping up with these weapons, there are two
general types, classified by their use: charged particle-beam weapons
(endoatmospheric use) and neutral particle-beam weapons (exoatmospheric use).
http://technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=120

* Personal Beam Weapons for GURPS
This pages lists numerous Beam Weapons developed using the rules in GURPS Vehicles, 2d. ed. Due to the complexity of the calculations involved, we provide much of the "raw data" used to develop the weapons so that you can double-check our calculations if you want.
Please report any errors to [email protected] so that we
can get them corrected.

Notes about printing this page: We've found that only AOLPress will print this page correctly (i.e. with the left half on page one, and the right half on page two). Netscape Navigator 3.x, Netscape Communicator (beta 2), and Internet Explorer 3.x will not print this
page correctly. Sorry. AOLPress is a free web site development tool,
and you can find it at http://www.aolpress.com.
http://www.patric.net/morpheus/gurps/hbeams.html

[GURPS TL 08-13]

There were a number of severe technological hurdles in the development of hand-held, high-energy weapons that could not be crossed until very recently. Even so limitations of the power cell technology (see the power cell section farther on) has prevented them
from functioning in the normal fashion. All high energy weapons cannot be powered by power cells, they must use power cartridges (GURPS Ultra-Tech, page 60) or be directly powered from a reactor or similar.
http://www.agamemnon.net/crossroads/GURPS/...eamweapons.html

Above Top Secret 4.0 ? Military & Government Projects ? Lasers vs
Particle weapons...
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread16339/pg1
news1.gif

"Time Has Come Today. . . . T I M E ! "

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Followed most of these links GTV... not sure what some of them where saying as they appeared to either a) common knowledge links, B) speculative cogitations or c) message board debatings.

I'd like to see someone present a treatise on the use of Pulsed-cavitated exhaust emissions from the VASMIR II as a weapon. Now THAT'd be a weapon and a half, if a bit big though.

Or, the potential for Rutherford Back-Scattering to be employed as a Theatre Weapon.

Something new that would keep me occupied for a minute or two. :D

Still, thanks for the hard work.

GVT12

Originally posted by Grayson@Dec 14 2004, 05:36 PM
Followed most of these links GTV... not sure what some of them where saying as they appeared to either a) common knowledge links, B) speculative cogitations or c) message board debatings.

I'd like to see someone present a treatise on the use of Pulsed-cavitated exhaust emissions from the VASMIR II as a weapon. Now THAT'd be a weapon and a half, if a bit big though.

Or, the potential for Rutherford Back-Scattering to be employed as a Theatre Weapon.

Something new that would keep me occupied for a minute or two. :D

Still, thanks for the hard work.

Will this do for starters?
thel5.jpg
Welcome To THEL-HELL

And for something a little more "Handy"
My associate has plans to develop one that is designed for tactical mobility that you may be interested in, and FYI, it's way better than your average Pea Shoother!

Here's what he wrote in reply to my proposal...

Larry Maurer <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:13:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The Benefits of Alternative Weaponry
To: "Gary Voss"

Gary:

Attached herein is an earlier version of a hand-held weapon we
affectionately called the "Stumpblaster" with our patented 2 1/2" dia.
lens incorporating "second-sound" that would produce 100 million volts
per linear centimeter. Your comments bring this to mind. I have a modified
Cad dwg of same somewhere. Perhaps we can build and test this relatively
cheaper device than our QC prototype at the ranch in Arizona soon?

Regards,

Larry

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Only thibg is, that falls way short of the Cambridge Labs Petawatt Dual-pulse laser, which encourages total vapourisation by inducing a space charge effect. The USA have just caught up with one of their own, which is still a lab tool, but who knows.

No, something meatier Gary, something mean and man-portable. Megawatt weapons just aren't enough. ;)

@);-

StarLord

I am surprised they haven't come out with the hand held Linear Accelerator Gauss Rifle yet. There is something mystical about your target turning into plasma.

If Mankind was truly kind, they would come out with a weapon that caused all lower sphincters to relax. All it would take is one tour of duty (sorry) to convince a person that War really does Sux. Of course, all wars would be fought on depleted farm land for obvious reasons.

As a young soldier, we had many exotic weapons to choose from. None of them ever ran out of bullets or charges AND as a plus they were invisible. My absolute favorite was the Death Ray. The range was amazing and of course there were a plethora of exciting discharge sounds as it went off, you were only limited by your imagination.

As newer and more modern weapons became available to us, so did sources of exotic armor. You could always tell when the opposition had purchased a set because when you hit them dead on, their reply as they kept on running was "Missed Me!, Missed Me!"

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 15 2004, 10:14 PM
I am surprised they haven't come out with the hand held Linear Accelerator Gauss Rifle yet. There is something mystical about your target turning into plasma.

If Mankind was truly kind, they would come out with a weapon that caused all lower sphincters to relax. All it would take is one tour of duty (sorry) to convince a person that War really does Sux. Of course, all wars would be fought on depleted farm land for obvious reasons.

As a young soldier, we had many exotic weapons to choose from. None of them ever ran out of bullets or charges AND as a plus they were invisible. My absolute favorite was the Death Ray. The range was amazing and of course there were a plethora of exciting discharge sounds as it went off, you were only limited by your imagination.

As newer and more modern weapons became available to us, so did sources of exotic armor. You could always tell when the opposition had purchased a set because when you hit them dead on, their reply as they kept on running was \"Missed Me!, Missed Me!\"

Yes, I remember my early Cadre days well, as you do. I too possessed Type 1 deflector armour, a Holy Pan Helmet, a variety of kinetic wheel charged sparkle guns and manky yolk grenades. I always hated fighting the Cybermen though, we could never get enough Gold to choke their air systems.

GVT12

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 15 2004, 03:14 PM

As newer and more modern weapons became available to us, so did sources of exotic armor. You could always tell when the opposition had purchased a set because when you hit them dead on, their reply as they kept on running was \"Missed Me!, Missed Me!\"

surprised they haven't come out with the hand held Linear Accelerator Gauss Rifle yet.?

Oh my stars, haven't you heard?

tasergun_80x60.jpg
They have!
simply amazing isin't it? ;)
Diels_Beam_5.jpg

Lightning-Beam Guns
Two non-lethal weapons companies are competing to make the Star-Trek Phaser a reality!

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Phasers require the existence of Nadions. The Nadions are phased to interact in our space-time and emitted in a particle stream... don't got no Nadions to play with yet. :blink: