Alternatives to the working lifestyle

Beholder

A lot of people decided not to go back to work after the pandemic, while others just kept working remotely. New generations don't even want to work.

Gigs were supposed to give new jobs for everyone, but only lowered working conditions for existing jobs.

Some people never get jobs due to discrimination but don't want to live on welfare, lack purpose or be excluded from society. People are paid to do nothing, while government workers have more work than they can handle to "save money".

What are the alternatives to working that can still sustain a society financially, given the ability to change laws to make it possible?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
A lot of people decided not to go back to work after the pandemic, while others just kept working remotely. New generations don't even want to work.

Gigs were supposed to give new jobs for everyone, but only lowered working conditions for existing jobs.

Some people never get jobs due to discrimination but don't want to live on welfare, lack purpose or be excluded from society. People are paid to do nothing, while government workers have more work than they can handle to "save money".

What are the alternatives to working that can still sustain a society financially, given the ability to change laws to make it possible?

I see you swallowed the narrative. People out of work aren't included in the unemployment tally. They become homeless and die of starvation.

Beholder

I see you swallowed the narrative. People out of work aren't included in the unemployment tally. They become homeless and die of starvation.
My ancestors were nomads milking raindeers and predicting the future using ceremonial drums, instead of having an employment.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

You need money in this world. You can't live in the woods because someone owns them. Become self employed. Don't rely on other people. You need to play the system. With capitalism, become a capitalist and do it yourself. Be the boss. It can take a good 10 years to be able to quit your day job, but you have to start somewhere. The only issue is that USA punishes small business. We have to pay the full boat for health care and insurance (which isn't even insurance). That's the downside, but if you want to break free, that is the sacrifice. (I simply do not get treated for anything, except the cancer I had).

We love being self employed.