America's Future

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

“There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. "

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

“There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. "

This makes me wonder if anything I was taught in school was true.

goowa

Are you looking for the word, Society? The center of all things in the world.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This makes me wonder if anything I was taught in school was true.

Good point. We will never know the truth about anything. Sad, but true. Governmetns never had and do not have interest in the average citizen. They are all self serving. Perhaps they should teach that in school. I tell my kids that what they learn in CIvics is how government is supposed to work, but it's not how it really works.