ANIMAL LOVERS: Share stories/photos about pets and animals here!

Samstwitch

Many of us are Animal Lovers. Please share photos and stories about pets and animals here!

Here are some unlikely animal friends. :)

thCA3MGT75.jpg

thCA3DUMKD.jpg

thCA3Q7GDH.jpg

thCA8XWMKY.jpg

thCAEKNV47.jpg

thCAHHLU22.jpg

thCASMS1R7.jpg

thCATAEI49.jpg

thCAWFQY56.jpg

Samstwitch

Man reunited with dog after 10 years apart

Shortly after his pet boxer passed away, New Hampshire man Jamie Carpentier wasn't looking to take on another dog. He went online anyway—who doesn't like to browse?—and looked at pictures on the Humane Society of Greater Nashua website. But then he saw a familiar face: his old basset hound, Ginger.

Ten years ago, Carpentier's ex-wife got Ginger in the divorce. But, according to CBS Boston, she gave up Ginger a short time later.

The dog was adopted, but 10 years later had become too much work for her elderly owner. (From the looks of this face, it's hard to imagine Ginger giving anybody much trouble.) The owner surrendered Ginger to the Humane Society—and Carpentier happened to log on to the right site at the right time.

He spoke with Boston's WCVB-TV about the unexpected reunion. "She seemed like she knew it was me," Carpentier said about picking up his old/new dog. "It was me and my father who were there, and she just ... she just recognized us." He wasn't planning on taking another dog, but come on. How could anybody say no to this face?

"She was stuck to me like glue. It was awesome,” Carpentier told the Nashua Telegraph after seeing her again "I have her now, and she has a place to live and stay,” he said. “The end. It’s awesome.”

CLICK ME TO SEE THE NEWS VIDEO!

Justinian

I found a video on facebook called, If Animals were fat.. Its a little 3 minute cartoon that show animals that look like balloons. It's really funny. Not meant to be serious in any way. I'll try to post it here and see if it works.

Justinian

Hey, I tried. It is really funny too. The alligator tries catching the flamingoes but the current takes him away because he's shaped like a balloon.

BlastTyrant

Hey, I tried. It is really funny too. The alligator tries catching the flamingoes but the current takes him away because he's shaped like a balloon.
The link points to another one for me, Its the Goat added to some pop song, F'in hilarious
This one

Justinian

Yeah that's a good one too.. but double fail for me. btw.. I pee'd myself a little when that goat started yelling. totally didn't see that one coming.

TnWatchdog

If I had a 'bucket list' this race would be on it. I think it would be fun to be there...and party like an animal! You know the drill, growl a bit and howl at the moon.
By The Associated Press Associated Press
March 2, 2013 (AP)
The competitive part of world's most famous sled dog race, the Iditarod, starts Sunday in Willow, Alaska, 50 miles north of Anchorage. The race teams leave the big crowds behind for remote terrain shared mostly with their dogs on a grueling 1,000-mile trek through unpredictable wilderness to the old gold rush town of Nome. Whoever reaches Nome first wins a new truck and $50,400. The next 29 mushers to cross the finish line will split rest of the $600,000 purse.

FILE - Last year’s winner and veteran dog musher Susan Butcher pulls into this checkpoint in the heat of the day in McGrath, Alaska, March 12, 1987. Photo: Rob Stapleton