Another Inside the HDR Thread: Dissecting my HDR

steven chiverton

increase your core diameter to 2 inches and length to 11 then put spaces over each end and space them to 7 inches apart so your electromagnet is still within the specs yet it wont over heat at all even runing it longer than and hour , use high temperature polyimide capton tape few layers between each wind , wind 7 layers finish it off with high temperature silicon tape . over the last few layers of polyimide kapton tape

Stanley

increase your core diameter to 2 inches and length to 11 then put spaces over each end and space them to 7 inches apart so your electromagnet is still within the specs yet it wont over heat at all even runing it longer than and hour , use high temperature polyimide capton tape few layers between each wind , wind 7 layers finish it off with high temperature silicon tape . over the last few layers of polyimide kapton tape
i will build afew magnets with 2 inch cors for sure thank you Steven

steven chiverton

follow my hdr builds in my youtube channel link above watch how i roll my winds onto the cores i wound several 1 inch diameter cores at first before i upscaled them to 2 inch diameter cores as they are best and dont get over hot like it did when i made the electromagnets with 1 inch diameter cores

Stanley

Nice pics, I must have missed those when Doc posted them.

If you have any specific questions let me know. I have recently built classic HDR units.
FarOutThere did you use the same Box as Steven’s ??? if you did where did you buy it and what are the Product Numbers for the Box and the Lid ???

FarOutThere

BOX

LID

And to save you a headache later, buy a few of these. :cool:

Stanley

BOX

LID

And to save you a headache later, buy a few of these. :cool:
thank you