Another Serious THREAT to the Internet!

Unintentional

http://www.washingtontimes.com/functions/p...01-114750-6381r
The way the Internet was built might be part of the problem, he said. Its open architecture allows Web surfing, but that openness makes the system vulnerable, Mr. Tenet said.
?Access to networks like the World Wide Web might need to be limited to those who can show they take security seriously, he said.

This is the scariest thing I have read in loooooooong while. And the saddest. :cry:

Oh crap, now were probably going to become regulated by the defunct FCC... hmmm... :unsure:

PyRo99

Yeah, lets see here. Mr. Tenet, has other reasons why the internet should be restricted.

If they restrict the internet, then by all means, its going to get fiesty. And I will be a staunch, rebellious man. Playin' games, is what I'm about.

The_Ruffneck

deeeeeeeeep , any editorials or feedback/letters written in on the article in the paper?

sosuemetoo

The national press, including United Press International (UPI), were excluded from yesterday's event, at Mr. Tenet's request, organizers said.

This quote scares me more than anything. Why would the former head of the CIA ban the press from this event? Why would the sharing of information be a threat to a former CIA head?

StarLord

I think this may have something to do with Where unfreindly types may be surfing from as opposed to where you may be going. If it was possible to monitor unfreindly based computers in the world, it could make things much easier for certain agencies. If I was them, I would be working on some type of anti-spoofing programs that automatically wash spoofed info to the real IP info. Why publicize motions in that direction?

Of course, any kind of regulation of the internet can cut both ways.

PyRo99

Its the US Government, they can do what they want anymore. If you don't comply, face the CIA.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Honestly, I don't mind if the government knows where I go on the internet. I'd rather they didn't, because I value my privacy like every other person in this world, but if that's the way things go.... I don't go anywhere illegal online, I don't do anything against the law, so I really don't have anything to hide. Is it their business? Absolutely not. But hey, I'm in no position to stop it.

Better stop going to all those adult sites, everyone.

dancho

The Washington Times and UPI are owned by the Unification Church of Rev. Sun Myung Moon (The Moonies). Anything from them probably has a hidden agenda-- don't take it at face value, and always find another source to verify the information.