Any Pagans Here?

orestes

Are there any pagans on this board (like wiccans, asatru followers, druids etc). I don't feel that I fit into one particular group. I'm drawn to the norse gods (the gods of my ancestors) but I do dabble in a little more magic than most followers of asatru. If there are, what is your path?

Orestes

Let's define "pagan", as it may very well vary, depending on who is writing about the category"pagan", the time frame when they fit it, beliefs, superstitions, religious beliefs, etc. I guess some would refer to "Druids" and "Wiccans" as "pagans. I however do not. Not that's a point of conflict, just to let you know a difference in perception. I make it a practice to not advertise too much, unless it's to friends I know, that I practice any of the crafts, or what I do with them. If one advertises too much, it can make them a target by others that find their simple existance a bother. I will say, I do not belong to a "coven" but practice alone as a "solitary". Are there oothers on the site that followas you do, no idea. I have my own opinion, based on just reading what is written, but as you have found, how much is reality, how much is BS, well that's a question every reader has to decide for themselves.

orestes

I was using the definition pagan
n
a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew)
syn : pagan

So not trying to sound rude but it was a simple question that I am assuming you over thought. But thanks for the reply anyways.

Orestes

I try to define somethhing by thhis approach, which which, well, like this"pagan":and then how you define it, that way everyone is on the same page. thanks for the reply, no offense taken.

TheA10tion

HEY THERE!
IN MY OPINION THERE IS A PAGAN BUT IT IS RARE....I THINK THEY ARE THRIVING LIKE TRIBES!!

IN CIVILIZED AREA/LOCATION THERE IS NO PAGAN.....RELIGION LIKE BEING ON ISLAM OR CHRISTIANITY ARE STILL DOMINATE IN EVERY COUNTRY AND IN EVERY PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE FOR WHAT IS RIGHT AND THEY THE RIGHT TO CHOSE WHAT RELIGION THEY PREFER!!

BUT I HOPE SOMEDAY ONE RELIGION WILL DOMINATE AROUND THE EARTH!

:)