Any ways to scientifically prove the occult?

Welcome to our community

Take a moment to sign up and join the discussion! It's simple and free.

I may be a crazy, unwise nut job, but I know that to prove anything to the scientific community, one needs evidence. Overwhelming claims (like the supernatural) require overwhelming evidence

Anubis Key

I may be a crazy, unwise nut job, but I know that to prove anything to the scientific community, one needs evidence. Overwhelming claims (like the supernatural) require overwhelming evidence

You might be too sane for this forum. ;)

In my view, an occultist has nothing to prove to the mammalian scientific community. Why fight group-think and expose one's self to the ridicule of fools who belie their own intelligence with every word that comes out of their smug, sneering mouths?

An occultist understands the power of keeping one's mouth shut and letting the results speak for themselves.

cyclespiral

Well yes, there are. There have been tests of tarot cards using statistical psychology. One study of tarot in this way was done at the ANU, Australian National University, The abstract can be got. I don't know how to get the actual paper unless someone is a registered psychologist; then tools like psychlit become usable.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Premium
I search for potential ways to prove repeatedly that occult is real. Thanks

I think the only way would be to experiment yourself. Anything occult related seems to be very personal. And I also feel you have to be a bit more specific, like what area of the occult are you wishing to prove? Magick? Afterlife? And then do a search online and see if there has been any research done, or check if there are any books on the topic.

cyclespiral

The most notable attempt to prove an aspect of the occult - astrology -was the work of the French psychologist

Michel Gauquelin.​

He wrote a boatload of books with birth date data/astrology data that he attempted to connect to professions. Yes, believe it or not, I did read one of his books cover to cover a long time ago. I always joke that I will never speak to anyone else who has read any of his books! He wasn't sure what he had found, if anything. His final chapter was titled "can there be a conclusion?" because he was not sure what all his statistics really meant. Sometimes on TV I see both astrologers and Skeptics refer to his books. I know when they have not read it! Or are cherry picking it! I find that funny! They get away with it! But not if I were the TV interviewer!

p.s He took his own life? I didn't know that! That is tragic.