Anybody interested in starting up a Discord server with me?

Blue Wolf

#1 Wolf in Investigation
Merely for chatting, researching, exchanging intel on intriguing subjects as we do here on Paranormalis.

TimeFlipper

I think Num7 who is one of our Admin people is working on Discord, for use on our chat room..I did ask him about it a while back..

Remnant

I'd be glad to help, if you'd have me. I'm quite experienced with discord and relevant topics and this could be a very relevant system so I'm sure I could be of some use.

Remnant

If if may ask, when do you reckon we ought to start with this? I'm quite interested in this idea it would be very convenient and an interesting paradigm system.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I like the idea of replacing the forum chatroom with Discord. However, there are a few things that are turning me off big time. Maybe Remnant can clear them, as he probably knows more about Discord than I do.

What I like with the current chat, is that it's 100% integrated into the site. You register on Paranormalis, you have access to the chat. The end. With Discord, you'd have to register on Paranormalis, then register (or link) an account on Discord in order to chat. And Discord cannot be embedded in a site. For instance, we can't have a Discord chat room inside of a page on the forum... right?

In other words, the chat room would be 100% off-site, and members would have to register on Discord on their own in order to join the chat. That's not very convenient IMO. Kind of a deal breaker.

Here's the addon available for XenForo to integrate the forum with Discord. From what I can see, it's compatible with the forum in its current state...
[8WR] Discord Integration

Let me know if I'm missing something.