Anyone else from my timeline (invasion in 2026) out there?

stardude

Hello, I believe that I have come here from the future and I would like to know if any of the other 400 or so volunteers made it back.
I am unsure as to the events pertaining to my trip and even whether it not it has worked.

Let me start out with what I do know. In the year 2026 aliens invade earth, they used massive low wattage lasers to cook/melt major cities and populated areas. 2-3 billion died in the first 24 hours and about that many again over the next months from the fires and the chaos.

My unit never directly engaged the aliens but I was brief on some of the intel. They are short electrical based organisms, their bodies are made of some kind of silicone jell, they appear to be able to regenerate completely from major injuries but will die if enough damage is done. They don't appear to need much if any food to maintain their bodies and they seem to be able to draw energy from our magnetic field.

We found/were found by a secret government research facility in the great plain area of the united states. They didn't disclose a lot of information but I am fairly sure they have been their for a long time.

By 2036 the timetravel/telaporter was developed enough for them to start sending people back. I was one of 400 volunteers to be sent back.

I don't know if I was killed in a failed attempt or if just my consciousness was sent back, either way all I have of that future are fragmented memories.

We were sent back to change things and from what I can tell we have had an effect, but I am unsure as to how positive it has been. Technological development in this timeline lags fairly far behind what we had. From what I can tell development here stagnated sometime in the 90's. I hope that this is due to a warning getting through to the government and them diverting time and money into secret weapons tech, but I have no proof for that.

If anyone has questions I will try to answer them and if you have information on my situation I welcome it.

Khaos

where the wild things are
HDRKid. Take him when you go back to wherever you came from. Okay?

stardude

HDRKid. Take him when you go back to wherever you came from. Okay?
I can't go back. I didn't come in a timemachine, I was sent by one, and my body was probably vaporized. So yeah I am stuck here with a vague longing for a world I only half remember.

Secretman3811

Hello, I believe that I have come here from the future and I would like to know if any of the other 400 or so volunteers made it back.
I am unsure as to the events pertaining to my trip and even whether it not it has worked.

Let me start out with what I do know. In the year 2026 aliens invade earth, they used massive low wattage lasers to cook/melt major cities and populated areas. 2-3 billion died in the first 24 hours and about that many again over the next months from the fires and the chaos.

My unit never directly engaged the aliens but I was brief on some of the intel. They are short electrical based organisms, their bodies are made of some kind of silicone jell, they appear to be able to regenerate completely from major injuries but will die if enough damage is done. They don't appear to need much if any food to maintain their bodies and they seem to be able to draw energy from our magnetic field.

We found/were found by a secret government research facility in the great plain area of the united states. They didn't disclose a lot of information but I am fairly sure they have been their for a long time.

By 2036 the timetravel/telaporter was developed enough for them to start sending people back. I was one of 400 volunteers to be sent back.

I don't know if I was killed in a failed attempt or if just my consciousness was sent back, either way all I have of that future are fragmented memories.

We were sent back to change things and from what I can tell we have had an effect, but I am unsure as to how positive it has been. Technological development in this timeline lags fairly far behind what we had. From what I can tell development here stagnated sometime in the 90's. I hope that this is due to a warning getting through to the government and them diverting time and money into secret weapons tech, but I have no proof for that.

If anyone has questions I will try to answer them and if you have information on my situation I welcome it.

ok I have a question you can time travel by using the mind only is that possible? like your body was gone and now time travel is done by mind power.
by jumping time by using mind to go back. I not to sure so write back.

stardude

ok I have a question you can time travel by using the mind only is that possible? like your body was gone and now time travel is done by mind power.
by jumping time by using mind to go back. I not to sure so write back.

No, it isn't a mind only thing. I am sure my body no longer exists. Personally I think it is one of two possibilities, 1. something went wrong and I died back there and I died and I am now just remembering a past life or 2. only my mind/consciousness was sent back and I latched onto someone in the past. I am fairly sure that I and they expected us to come out whole on the other side.
If it was a machine malfunction that only happened with me then maybe my body still exists vacant in the future but the only way I can think of to go back would be to sever myself from this body, ie death.
To the best of my knowledge no living person can travel through time with only their mind, though I suspect the mind/soul of a dead person is no longer bound to the space-time continuum and can travel through it at will.

I hope I was able to answer your question, I still know fairly little about this myself.

Tron1

what is your name where are you from what city are you from why did we get invaded in 2026? can we have all the specifics please of how it all started i am a part time writer perhaps i can spruce some thoughts TRON1

Tron1

do they have flying cars in the future or are there still wheels? can you give me a model type of car for example this is how i know your real not fake?

stardude

what is your name where are you from what city are you from why did we get invaded in 2026? can we have all the specifics please of how it all started i am a part time writer perhaps i can spruce some thoughts TRON1

Like I said, I don't remember a lot, really the most traumatic memories were imprinted the most though more have surfaced.
I remember driving west from a somewhat large city in flames, I remember crying because my family had died there, I still feel sad when I think about it but it is like it is coming from another part of my brain one that I don't have control over. My guess is Omaha or maybe Kansas city, the land was barren but not terribly hot, have you heard of any black project government sites northeast of Denver? Someday I should drive out there and see if anything strikes a cord and unlocks any memories.

I know we didn't start this, we didn't provoke the attack. From what I can tell, time travel is universally banned, literally by everyone in the universe because if it goes wrong the rip in spacetime (a kind of naked singularity) will do something like pop the balloon, the dark energy that is causing the expansion of the universe will just pour out in an explosion that vaporize most of the visible universe. Even if things go well that rip can be used for instantaneous travel and or time travel since you can move outside of spacetime, or a slow siphoning of dark energy is also though to be possible, any of those things would disrupt all of the power balances in the universe and allow one species to conquer literally the entire universe. Since they didn't carve out the entire center of america and throw it into the sun, I can assume that the government was able to keep it a secret.

The theory as to why they came is simple, they need a rocky body with a magnetic field to live and they don't have the kind of technology necessary to terraform a plant to have a magnetic field. Earth was just one planet on a list. Since they only set up outposts I believe they were setting up for future colonization of this whole area of space and wanted to get rid of us before we posed a threat. They also didn't pour a lot of effort into sweep and clear operations to remove pockets of survivors though large gatherings did get hit.

As a writer you might be able to help. I think some times people subconsciously tap into past life memories when they write. I do see things in fiction that mirror parts of what I believe are reality, but I will be the first to admit that it could mean I am imagining everything. I know I am not hoaxing or purposefully making any of this up but until I see events come true or I meet someone with answers to my question, I will remain at the very least a little doubtful of myself.

As for your second post. Nope, no flying cars. More electrics, a lot more electronics in new cars they just about drive themselves. Things are going differently in this timeline but I believe I had a red Ford Galaxy, I would guess there is some kind of electronic view assist, cameras on the outside and the driver can wear glasses that projects an image, it removes blindspots and makes your car feel like a convertible, I think I shelled out a bit of extra money for it so not a standard feature. All cars did have sensors like your see in car adds today to avoid/prevent accidents, there were retrofit kits for older cars too, a kind of stickers that you put on the doors and bumpers, it was a big deal I think.

I hope that tells you what you want to know. Please let me know what you think.

Tron1

I had a psychedelic vision of my immediate future and saw gta 7 which is a video game that my neighbor was playing but it was only a dream I suspose. I went six years into the future it was really odd