Anyone else get chased by a Wendigo?

Displaced Spirit

Signs of a near-encounter include: When you are goofing off outside in the midwest suburbs or woods at night and suddenly you have a creepy feeling like something ancient, huge and hungry has you in it's sights. Next, you smell a powerful stench worse than garbage. Suddenly, everything in the woods turns spooky, cold and gray like the Grim Reaper just showed up. And, just when it feels like the creature is about to jump out of the nearest bush and eat you, everybody turns around and runs for their lives back to the car. Once the car is on the road, a heated discussion breaks out about whether or not the thing was just a bear... or something else.

Just curious to get more info, since I have avoided these things at least 7 times over the years...and I'm starting to feel like I've been marked out or something. But, maybe they are just more common than people think.
Oh, and did I mention they are telepathic? So, don't think about them when you are outside, or you will draw them to you (they think we are little more than cockroaches to be crushed whenever they can get away with it.)

Harte

He disapproves of that spelling.
It should be Wendigo.
Spell it right or he'll come after you.

Harte

Displaced Spirit

Mmm. Looks like I flipped the letters around and I can't seem to get back in and edit it anymore. But, the Wendigos would be happy to eat me, regardless.

Last edited:

Displaced Spirit

He's been after me a long time now, except I can see snippets of the future, so I have successfully avoided him (them?) so far...and God interfered the first time-actually told me to lock the porch door where I was sleeping with my sisters, or I would have died when I was three. Sigh. That was the first time I linked up with his thoughts and found myself drifting through past centuries of him enjoying killing people before I was able to wrench my consciousness from that part of his mind. Then, I realized he was salivating with the pleasure of snacking on the tasty little morsels that were just out of reach and was horrified as he crept up the stairs of the deck towards us and tried to open the door.
Our mind link broke when he gave up in disgust, stepped off the porch and wandered off towards the nearby marsh.
It was pretty traumatizing and I didn't understand what was happening to me, until I looked at all the incidents along with the other weird stuff that has happened in my life.
And, I hate discussing it-knowing people will mostly just dismiss it out of hand and make fun of me. But, I feel bad for the people they prey on-the homeless stuck on the fringes of society, people who forget to lock their doors, and stupid kids who dare each other to wander around in the woods at night. I mean, I know people like to be ignorant so they can feel safe, but shouldn't they at least be warned??

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Harte

There ya go, fixed the spelling. Be careful, he might go after you now! :)
"Windigo" is one of the couple dozen accepted spellings/words for the idea.
But Ol' Wendi don't like it.
Nope, don't like it at all.
Just trying to help.

Harte