Anyone like motorcycles here?

Freak Show

helped my step son's friend look for a bike. he bought an older FZ10, but it was the one bike i didn't get to look at. he knew nothing about bikes. i was trying to tutor him. i gave him things to look for with a used bike, i think he completely forgot what i told him with this one. He just saw it and bought it, it spent more time in the shop then on the road. and now that it's fixed he wants to sell it. it sits in my garage.....the ducati is nice, but needs a valve job every 2k. super duke also nice, but not a lot of them around, that says to me hard to find parts and to get worked on.. Z1000, you can't beat that bike, 125 hp and better than being all bent over. and a newer FZ10 also a great bike

Negan

THE member
That might be a different Yamaha model. Perhaps an FZ09? The FZ10 is a new (as in all new) model that was released last year. I'm generally not a big fan of Yamaha's, don't know why but I'm more of a Honda guy. (Hence my old CBR1100XX.) I seriously like the new Kawasaki Z1000's. I'll be spending upwards of 15K for the right bike, have even tested a couple of BMW's. They're out of the question as I don't like being hunched over for too long.

Freak Show

you're correct, it is an FZ1. If you're going to spend that kind of money, it doesn't hurt to test ride as many as you can within the style you're looking for. I'm old, but had my Z1000 when i was 42, and even just that tine bit of a bend hurt my shoulders after a while. i have a friend that bought the z900, but within 2 months they had a recall . part of the frame was cracking, so each bike had to be fitted with a part to keep it from doing so. he traded it right back in on a 600