Anyone Remember Being Born?

RHYS

Just curious. What is your 1st memory?

I definitely remember going to Disney
land when I was 2 and being jealous stuck in a stroller. The only thing I could get on was a pirate boat & I loved it bc some guy was hanging his bare feet over the entrance telling everybody his feet stunk lol.

Before that, I remember the frustration being in a crib & nobody understanding what I was saying. It felt almost patronizing when it seemed I could understand them just fine.

I know there are speculative studies on this young brain ability, but don't want a lot of Jung /Psycho babble here.

Just real, original memories and thoughts. Do you experience any triggers that take you back there?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

land when I was 2 and being jealous stuck in a stroller. The only thing I could get on was a pirate boat & I loved it bc some guy was hanging his bare feet over the entrance telling everybody his feet stunk lol.

Before that, I remember the frustration being in a crib & nobody understanding what I was saying. It felt almost patronizing when it seemed I could understand them just fine.

I know there are speculative studies on this young brain ability, but don't want a lot of Jung /Psycho babble here.

Just real, original memories and thoughts. Do you experience any triggers that take you back there?

I remember being 2. I described the house to my mother along with a Christmas memory and she confirmed. It was a gingerbread house we had and I wanted to eat it. I may also have younger memories because I remember these tiny Desitin samples my mom had. :)

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith

I remember being 2. I described the house to my mother along with a Christmas memory and she confirmed. It was a gingerbread house we had and I wanted to eat it. I may also have younger memories because I remember these tiny Desitin samples my mom had. :)
This is so weird! I have memories of being very young and small, maybe around 2..I remember the old blue house we used to live in, I remember it was my duty to announce "We're home!" when we'd pull up.. I also remember my Mickey Mouse crib bedsheets, and my Mickey mobile.. The lamb pattern on my baby wipes, and THE SCENT OF DESITIN! So strange you'd mention that, Paula! Lol So I think we're very capable of making memories, even at a young age...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

This is so weird! I have memories of being very young and small, maybe around 2..I remember the old blue house we used to live in, I remember it was my duty to announce "We're home!" when we'd pull up.. I also remember my Mickey Mouse crib bedsheets, and my Mickey mobile.. The lamb pattern on my baby wipes, and THE SCENT OF DESITIN! So strange you'd mention that, Paula! Lol So I think we're very capable of making memories, even at a young age...

I can't prove this and don't know how, but I wouldn't be surprised if one day we could access old, stored memories and REALLY remember our infancy. Do those infant memories disappear, or are they just not accessible?

Cool that we have similar memories. :)

bluejay_1919

I remember being around 1-2 years of age. I was on a dock over a river or a large body of water in South America. Holding hands with two people and looking down at my chubby baby feet and seeing a mark on my ankle. I thought something bit me and I cried. My soon ti be adoptive mom told me it was my birthmark.

The birthmark is exactly where I remember seeing it for the first time. I can recall the shoes and little outfit (romper) I had on. I remember the sun setting and seeing the water ripple.

TnWatchdog

Let's see, my earliest memory was my dad teaching me to swim, as an infant, and he just let me go. I did a great job sinking to the bottom of the ocean... I couldn't find my way to the surface. He finally grabbed me so no wonder I don't know how to swim and avoid deep water, like ankle deep.

Another memory was when we had a house full of relatives and food set all over the table. I was marching thru the area and my shoe came off and landed in a pie. Some lady started screaming and I took off and locked myself in the bathroom.

It does seam that the older I get I have memories of my previous life years and experiences that are triggered by something I have seen or heard.

bluejay_1919

I would agree with what you said, TnWatchdog...I find too, that as I get older, I seem to remember more. And alot more deja vu's....