Archaeologists Confirm The Bible Is Correct!

Harte

We already knew this.
Scientists have also confirmed that the Bible is wrong in other parts.

Harte

TimeFlipper

We already knew this.
Scientists have also confirmed that the Bible is wrong in other parts.

Harte

Scientists are the worst people to trust with reference to the bible, they dont believe in religion anyways, an academic is a much better placed person to say if the bible is wrong or right..(y) :D..
But then again, its more likely the bible has been reinterpreted by different scholars over the centuries..(y)

Last edited:

Harte

It's a matter of translation.
If you want a decent translation, you have to go with the more recent Bibles.
Problem is that people are hung up on the King James Version, which has any errors of translation.
We do have ancient copies of most of the Bible to go by. The New Testament "originals" are all from a century or more after Jesus' death, but The Dead Sea Scrolls, and the other texts, are old enough that the reinterpretations you mention would have had to occur in ancient times.

Harte

The Fifth

The Bible is a book made by many humans , what they saw or what they heard at the time. Also , did you know that Jesus came to the most evil humans at the time to try and change them to good ? ( Jews ) and He died... for all of us.

Edit : The only good things from the Bible that must be applied now so we cannot become animals, are the 10 "rules" and 7 "sins". 17 Rules you must not break , the most dangerous one is PRIDE. Also there is a rule that says , "don't drink (alcohol)" , it should be changed to "don't get drunk" but i guess it's fool-poof since a very long time ago.

Harte

Your seven sins aren't listed in the Bible as seven "deadly" sins.
Of course, being sins, they do come up, but not in any specific bunch.

They were first written by a Greek Monk in the 4th Century CE. His name was Evagrius Ponticus.

The ten commandments are derivative of earlier holy laws, particularly from Babylon.

Harte

The Fifth

Your seven sins aren't listed in the Bible as seven "deadly" sins.
Of course, being sins, they do come up, but not in any specific bunch.

They were first written by a Greek Monk in the 4th Century CE. His name was Evagrius Ponticus.

The ten commandments are derivative of earlier holy laws, particularly from Babylon.

Harte
Didn't know that , cool.

Harte

Yep. Nothing new under the Sun.

Er - that's a joke. Hope you get it.

It's a delicious irony.

Harte

ETA: Don't know what I was thinking. Nobody on this board is going to get that joke, as hilarious as it is.

Wasting my genius here.

H.

Last edited:

The Fifth

Yep. Nothing new under the Sun.

Er - that's a joke. Hope you get it.

It's a delicious irony.

Harte

ETA: Don't know what I was thinking. Nobody on this board is going to get that joke, as hilarious as it is.

Wasting my genius here.

H.
No one was online to say "i get it".

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Religion is the cause of most of the worlds ills.
The sooner we wake up and adopt a more spiritual outlook the better.
Positivity is the key!