Archaeologists Confirm The Bible Is Correct!

The Fifth

Religion is the cause of most of the worlds ills.
The sooner we wake up and adopt a more spiritual outlook the better.
Positivity is the key!
It's not religion as it is optional. It is the ppl who indoctrinate others and transform them in mindless sheep. The society knows no "think for yourself"

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I would debate with you whether it is optional..

If you are born into a strict religious Christian family or into a small village in Peshawar where you know only Islam (as examples only) you are fully indoctrinated into that culture before you can choose.. and when you become old enough to choose you will not want to, you will not want to consider any other option other than what you know.

The Fifth

I would debate with you whether it is optional..

If you are born into a strict religious Christian family or into a small village in Peshawar where you know only Islam (as examples only) you are fully indoctrinated into that culture before you can choose.. and when you become old enough to choose you will not want to, you will not want to consider any other option other than what you know.
I have this situation yet i chose to see other religions and pick what is good. Luckily i was born with the religion from where the branches broke from. The Orthodox. Religion is interesting but the churches are what ruin everything. The diff from Orthodox and Catholics is the time period they appeared. The Protestants that most Americans are from broke from the Catholics. Point is , don't break the moral rules of the human species because if you do , you'll become an animal. Even the samurai had their code of honor. Ignoring the suicide part. :coffee:

Edit : I get to eat pork.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Yes, I don't think that you will go far wrong in the hereafter if you are good, just and positive here.

Edit: Pork is not so special. If I had to discard it I would only miss the bacon sandwich and brown sauce for my breakfast from time to time.

The Fifth

@Harte I swear every time you post i learn something new. Now you just slapped me with that hebrew book and got me hooked as i 've not heard about it.

Harte

Okay, I'll explain the joke.
Ecclesiastes is the source for "nothing new under the Sun."

But I already pointed out that the religion that gave rise to that book is itself derivative of an earlier religion.

So even Ecclesiastes isn't "...new under the Sun."

Well, I thought it was hilarious.

Harte

Dreamwarrior

I could write a book and make up some wonderful magical adventures and call it the bible two _ the sequel ,then bury it and in a thousand years it gets dug up and found that firstly some humans are so thick that they believe anything and secondly in a thousand years time ,they'll be no evidence to back the lot up