are cemeteries necessarily haunted in your opinion?

TnWatchdog

I would think there are a few ghosts wondering around grave sites.

When I was an adventurous eighteen year old in Minnesota a bunch of us camped out in a cemetery. We had to hike across a cornfield to a mound of trees, which contained about a dozen tombstones. We had plenty of beer so I don't remember much. I do remember we tried to contact ghosts in an abandoned farmhouse earlier that night but must have scared them off.

Shady Tree

Of course they are. If there are haunted houses and hotels and other structures where people have passed on there is without a doubt cemeteries that are haunted. I think the most ancient of cemeteries may have the best hauntings.

bluejay_1919

I don't think every single spirit that has body buried there, is still hanging around... But I sure there are some. Whether it's lost souls, or maybe it's frequently visited by family so the spirit stays or maybe an ancient burial ground that has been blessed; that is where I would see spirits lingering around.

OddShotz

I can't imagine wanting to hang around my gravesite for very long. After the initial fascination of seeing my name on a headstone wore out, I'd get bored pretty fast — unless of ton of people were visiting me. Then it would just be fun to hang around and mess with them.

Harte

I don't think haunting is a real thing. At least, not as it's generally conceptualized.
But I'd say if there were such a thing, or something similar, a graveyard would be a reasonably likely location for it.

Harte

Wind7

Staff
Necessarily haunted?
No.

Depends on the situation.
There have been lots of stories of
people being disturbed by a spirit or 2 while visiting a graveyard,
this is perhaps because of the overall feeling (psychology) of the individual(s) visiting them.
Their dearly departed may visit for a moment to try to reassure that they are alright, that it's OK to grieve...whilst sometimes a lower class spirit may also linger to draw from the negative energies caused by sorrow...if not the fear or general uneasy feeling some have just visiting a graveyard.

It's also not unheard-of that a spirit may linger near his/her grave in hopes of being sent to the light. (?)

In all cases though it is best to stay positive and learn of protections against possible spiritual attachment (s).

DEATH OMEN

i have always wondered this
Love the question, thanks for postin'. Guess 1 has to define "haunted", by "what" or "who", to me, just because there are graves about, no real, automatic need to assume the "graveyard" is "haunted". General assumption, since there are graves there, with dead folks in them, then if what is out "haunting" places, won't "what" is doin' the "hauntin" be comin' back? Not necessarily so. Stories of various types of "hauntings, by "ghosts", "entities" , whatever, from another time, whose physical body has long since returned to dust, not need it to go back to exist, when "they" really don't exist or they do.

Biker Chic

i have always wondered this
Love the question, thanks for postin'. Guess 1 has to define "haunted", by "what" or "who", to me, just because there are graves about, no real, automatic need to assume the "graveyard" is "haunted". General assumption, since there are graves there, with dead folks in them, then if what is out "haunting" places, won't "what" is doin' the "hauntin" be comin' back? Not necessarily so. Stories of various types of "hauntings, by "ghosts", "entities" , whatever, from another time, whose physical body has long since returned to dust, not need it to go back to exist, when "they" really don't exist or they do.
Your postings are very colorful Death Omen, I like your quotes lol

Mayhem

Zenith
Anchored to the realm for various reasons.

An interesting story thru family i will hold for another day.

The uncle never went near a cemetery again.

Until the day.

His saying was always " no pockets in a habit"

Last edited: