Are ghosts really astral travelers?

Is it possible that in some cases, ghosts are actually astral travelers?

• Yes, I think that too!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dude. Don't be stupid.

• Who knows? Maybe!

• Total voters

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Are ghosts really astral travelers?

I have nothing concrete to base this on, it's just an idea. I think in some cases it may be possible, but then I'm not an expert on either subject.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me (shouldn't be hard to find) can educate me on the subject.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Are ghosts really astral travelers?

Well, like most people, I'll answer Maybe! I have no idea how to defend this idea!

It could explain why they are pale and slow moving, they are from other realities.

Whitelight

When you astrally travel, it's supposed to be your spirit moving around, and ghost's are spirits too.

So yes, they could be either on that basis.

My idea anyway haha. I put maybe because there is no proof of either.

cmac

It is cool to ponder on that thought for certain. I would say that it is possible that some spirits may be astral travelers. I doubt if astral travelers explain all of the sightings or ghostly experiences, but I bet that some of them are astral travelers. I don't think we have enough understanding of other dimensions to know exactly where or what these spirits or entities are. Some instances, we may not want to know.

Hopefully someday soon the technology will be available that will enable us to see these entities. Maybe then we can tell who and what they are exactly. Then maybe when your friends say, "Hey, I had a dream and you were in it." You can say, "I know, I saw you at my house, with my spirit viewing device."

Cmac

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I might be wrong, but a question comes to my mind: Why does those who see ghosts, are the same people who actuelly achieve astral travel ?

Perhaps the 2 skills are liked in a certain way.

Whitelight

Maybe your more in tune based on your experience? There's a lot of ghost siting claims, and I don't know if every one of those people claim the ability to go astral.

I've been practicing lately trying to control it when I do, I do it in my sleep and leaves me really tired in the mornings at times. As for spirits, I have seen shadow people, but no clear forms. I sense more than anything, I can feel something different. That's why I hate to be up late after midnight, it happens most then. But that's my experience.

Maybe the people who see ghosts astrally travel in their sleep as well, but just don't realize it?

Harte

No.

Neither ghosts nor "astral travelers" exist in the real world.

Maybe in Narnia.

Harte

Snow

Man it must be nice to just be able to dismiss things and keep on trucking. I bet you get a lot more done than someone like me who has to stop and go hmmmmmmm several times a day.

I think I believe that every person to have died and all those yet to be born, as well as everything else that has ever been materially present is still present, occupying the same space we do, right here and now, but are beyond our ability to register their presence. Nothing new under the sun . . . nothing gone either.

I have never seen a "traditional" ghost, but I have seen a couple or three "somethings".

I have had an OBE - short but real. I guess if I hadn't panicked I might have astrally traveled. So I guess it might be possible that an astral traveller could be perceived by an alert and awake person as something visible yet intangible?

I don't believe that the dead get trapped in between realms somehow and need to be shuffled off toward the light - I think everything works perfectly just as it was designed to do and if it seems not to be working perfectly it is only because we can't see the whole picture.

The book of Enoch describes the disembodied spirits of the prodgeny of angels and women as condemned to remain here - not allowed bodies, not allowed rest, not allowed to return to God, left here where they vex and torment us and it is the best explanation of the existance of "evil spirits" that I have found - at least it felt right, so I kept it, while waiting for the truth :)! I let myself assume these are what you get when you have a seance or mess with a quija or have a "spirit guide" or see a ghost. "It's not Aunt Sadie, Herman, it's Azazel's nephew without his blood and bones!"

Anyway, I am going to shut up lest I reveal how crazy I really am. hehe Who made up this question and why? LMAO

:cool:

shane

I've always liked the theory that ghosts are echoes in reality. In terms of the stories of faint images of dead people doing repetitive and mundane tasks on a regular schedule, it has a certain ring of truth.

I find it interesting, though, that ghosts are usually reported as being witnessed by a single observer at a time. You don't hear a lot of ghost stories that include a shared experience. Maybe they are less echoes in external reality and more echoes in the mind of the observer, what the staunch objectivist would call an hallucination. There is the odd instance of a shared hallucination, but those of us with experience in social hallucination know that those things happen from time to time.