Are there in the Universe, secrets we are not meant to know?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
As I said in another thread (and as this guy said in the video, in that other thread), the Universe is big. It's really, really big! It got to contain secrets, mysteries that are just as ... mysterious and secret, as the Universe itself is huge and infinite. I like open questions like that!

Are some things beyond what intelligent life can possibly comprehend, no matter what/when/how? Will those things always be, ultimately unreachable for our minds, or is there a chance that everything can be understood and learned by various means?

I guess the best example would be this: How and why was the universe created? Seriously, unless you can actually talk to the creator himself, who lives outside of the Universe, since he created it (for instance), it's unlikely that you'll ever get an answer. Maybe you can find or get an answer, but you'll never the answer.

Well then, do you believe there are things out there, that we, living beings of what we call the universe, are not meant to know?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well then, do you believe there are things out there, that we, living beings of what we call the universe, are not meant to know?

Not intending on creating a religious debate, but I sometimes wonder if this is exactly what the the Tree of Knowledge/forbidden fruit in the Christian Bible symbolizes. Perhaps it is warning us not to to get so smart that we actually figure out God. Again, I apoligize if this brings up an uproar of anti-religious comments. BUT It's going to take a very long time for humanity to even reach that point, so we don't have anything to worry about at the moment.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The Tree of Knowledge is a pretty good example. Perhaps it would allow us not only to figure out God, but also to become God(s) ? Would it allow us to create, just like God created the Universe? If so, that gotta be something we're not meant to have access to.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Roar1Roar! Roar! We are the Gods! We created mortality so we could experience death. Something as Gods we could not experience.

Oh, stop. You haven't created your time machine and become Zeus, yet. :p

But I see what Num is saying - if we are able to find "God" then why wouldn't we eventually figure out how to become one?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Exactly. And then what would happen when we become Gods is probably unimaginable. Or is it? Maybe we'd create a bunch of universes and so on and on.

Or perhaps we'd find out that the incredibly long way we've made it through up to that point of becoming Gods and creating Universes for ourselves, was actually a tiny, tiny baby step. And then unfolds before us, a ridiculously vast amount of knowledge and wisdom to contemplate and comprehend. Kinda like when you were a kid and as you grow in age, you find out that there's something beyond your backyard: The street, the city, the world, the galaxy, the Universe and so on. Consider this comparison: Your tiny backyard VS the infinite Universe. So, as we reach the point of evolution described above, we might find out that what we understand as the Multi-verse, the container of all infinitely possible universes and times, was only a little, tiny backyard after all.

My brain hurts.

Dragonchaser

As the saying go : be careful for what you wish for .

Let's say , a select few does have that ability and knowledge ; now come the real question : how will that be used or will it be abused ?