Are you a Prepper?

Samstwitch

Are you a Prepper? Whether you're a Doomsday Prepper or Emergency Prepper...whatever the case, I'm curious to know how many Preppers are on Paranormalis.

To my surprise, two of my sons became Preppers this year after I had a talk with them about preparing for any emergency. Now I've joined in.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", as the old saying goes and it's so true! Better to be safe than sorry.

Hundreds of thousands of people have lost their lives in recent years over disasters, i.e., earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation meltdowns, floods, etc. :eek: Bible Prophecy warns us that there will be many disasters in these Last Days, End Times, which we are living in.

I'm prepared materialistically (for disasters) and spiritually (for the Rapture). How about you?

Samstwitch

For those Left Behind...PREPPER TIPS For Surviving The Apocalypse!

Himalayan Hermit

I am not sure if I call myself a prepper, but there is nothing wrong in being aware of things around you, which will pretty much decide how ready you are. Most people get confused between a Prepper and an Alarmist, but the difference is quite clear.
Will chk the video out.
Cheers:cool:

Samstwitch

DEFINITION OF A PREPPER (Answers found on the Internet):

Prepper (noun): An individual or group that prepares or makes preparations in advance of, or prior to, any change in normal circumstances or lifestyle without significant reliance on other persons (i.e., being self-reliant), or without substantial assistance from outside resources (govt., etc.) in order to minimize the effects of that change on their current lifestyle.
Prepper.org

The short answer is simply someone who actively prepares for the unknown.

(My definition) Emergency Preparedness :)

I am not sure if I call myself a prepper, but there is nothing wrong in being aware of things around you, which will pretty much decide how ready you are. Most people get confused between a Prepper and an Alarmist, but the difference is quite clear.
Will chk the video out.
Cheers:cool:

Hi HH, Thanks for the post. Are you prepared for an Emergency situation?

Himalayan Hermit

Howdy Sam, I would like to think so. I am definitely monitoring the 2012, esp. the end (Dec.). Although I am neutral on all the doomsday talk and Mayans prophecy, the spatial torment and CMEs are pure facts, so we'll see what happens. I will hopefully be in my beloved Himalayas by then, far away from the tech world, so I think I would like to say I'm prepared =)

Samstwitch

Howdy Sam, I would like to think so. I am definitely monitoring the 2012, esp. the end (Dec.). Although I am neutral on all the doomsday talk and Mayans prophecy, the spatial torment and CMEs are pure facts, so we'll see what happens. I will hopefully be in my beloved Himalayas by then, far away from the tech world, so I think I would like to say I'm prepared =)

I too am not concerned about Mayan prophecy, but I am about the CME's, natural disasters, and also Bible Prophecy.

Are the Himalayas your home? I didn't realize that was really where you live...Wow!

Himalayan Hermit

I too am not concerned about Mayan prophecy, but I am about the CME's, natural disasters, and also Bible Prophecy.

Are the Himalayas your home? I didn't realize that was really where you live...Wow!
My home has been all over for last 10+ yrs. Indian plains where it reaches 122 degrees to American Midwest where it goes belowwww zerooo to the serene Silicon Valley. But now am taking a break from the Corporate world and planning to work in the mountains on a rural scale, if all works out, which is where Himalayas come in :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm not a prepper. Not at all.

I currently don't have anything that may save me from a zombie outbreak or long-term power outage. I have zero food stockpile, zero survival gear.

Oh, I have a flash light. :D

Samstwitch

Survival Garden (This may save you life!)

Actually, when I get to Texas I will be starting a Neighborhood Watch in my son's community...and I will propose a Community Garden. I did that when I lived in Northern California. We sold shares for $20 each and paid a local farmer to plant Organic crops for us. We did the weeding. It was a great plan and it worked!