Are you a Prepper?

walt willis

The simple fact is I'm not schizophrenic. And you pretty much have to be, to believe any of this prepper B.S. So that pretty much sums it up as to why 99% of the population isn't prepared for the imaginary.

Is that a self diagnosis or where you examined by a shrink?

I am 10% crazy according to the last test I took for the police department.

Scored 90% on the shrink exam and the chief said is was the best score he had seen in 17 years.

Now if you listen to what you say about yourself as not being schizophrenic/psychotic, I would like a second opinion.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
The simple fact is I'm not schizophrenic. And you pretty much have to be, to believe any of this prepper B.S. So that pretty much sums it up as to why 99% of the population isn't prepared for the imaginary.

Is that a self diagnosis or where you examined by a shrink?

I am 10% crazy according to the last test I took for the police department.

Scored 90% on the shrink exam and the chief said is was the best score he had seen in 17 years.

Now if you listen to what you say about yourself as not being schizophrenic/psychotic, I would like a second opinion.

Oh boy, here we go.

walt willis

If you are ex-military you may have heard of the NC pro heavy weight boxing champ of your home state named Bill Chambers.

Please tell him I regretted knocking him out cold in 1967 army boot camp.

Every so often my Irish kicks in and I can't help myself...

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
If you are ex-military you may have heard of the NC pro heavy weight boxing champ of your home state named Bill Chambers.

Please tell him I regretted knocking him out cold in 1967 army boot camp.

Every so often my Irish kicks in and I can't help myself...

Sorry, I'm not native to NC or Charlotte (and thankfully so, it's all hick douches up in here [unless you're a transplant, in which case you're miserable with me and you're ok]). I was only in the army for a single tour starting in 2001.

walt willis

My father once told me that there were just two kind of people in the world... Irish and the ones that wish they were Irish!

Now my point is that we Irish love a good fight, but if a fight is what you want, then a fight you will receive.

I have great respect for all the fighters I have laid to waste and have many fond memories to recall, but as I have gotten older I would like to develop some diplomatic skills as a way to help others along the way.

My point being that we may not see eye to eye on the issue of the day, but we would all benefit the members if we stick with the facts and try to express ourselves in a civil manor.

I pledge to reapply myself to that effort as a way to help.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Bad things happen all the time. Some things are worse than others. Some things will affect you and some won't.

Something, somewhere at some time is going to happen. I have reasonable provisions and plans for such an event, but I'm certainly not going to plan my life around it or spend my days sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for it to happen. I'm going to live my life and and focus on the positive things that I can experience or share, not the eventual death and destruction of humanity that may or may not happen in my lifetime.

If such an event did occur, I'd much rather be sitting on the hood of my car watching the mushroom cloud and getting vaporized seconds later. I'll be dead and won't care.

The alternative is living out the rest of my miserable existence in a society where murder and rape for the acquisition of supplies and survival is the norm. That's not something I care to participate in or experience; all the MREs and rifles in the world won't save you from that hell on Earth.

I have often pondered that very thing , and came pretty much to the same conclusion.. best to set on the porch with a cold beer putting a good buzz on ...
for the time you have left,, than to slowly rot away....

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I have often pondered that very thing , and came pretty much to the same conclusion.. best to set on the porch with a cold beer putting a good buzz on ...
for the time you have left,, than to slowly rot away....

Maybe. But what about thinking of the survival of the human species as a whole? Wouldn't we want our Children to take part in the rebuilding of America? They would be the new pioneers and would be a part of history.