Arrival

WeebdeeW

Hello nice to meet you all. My name is Jorvik Hjarnson. I had something extraordinary happen to me that led to finding this place, something nobody who I’ve talked to has believed. I am a time traveler, from the past.

I arrived on October 14, 2020. It was sudden, to say the least. Before arriving in this time, I lived in a settlement in Vinland, or as it is now known, Newfoundland. It is hard to be exact, but with help I’ve estimated the time I came here from at around 1007.

The last thing I remember before waking up in a new body in this time, I had been with a Native American shaman, who fed me a strange concoction and sent me off into the forest.

If anyone has experienced something like this I would like to know how this happened and potentially return to my time. I have sworn oaths that I cannot fulfill here.

I have learned a great deal about the modern world but my home, my family, is not here.

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Hello nice to meet you all. My name is Jorvik Hjarnson. I had something extraordinary happen to me that led to finding this place, something nobody who I’ve talked to has believed. I am a time traveler, from the past.

I arrived on October 14, 2020. It was sudden, to say the least. Before arriving in this time, I lived in a settlement in Vinland, or as it is now known, Newfoundland. It is hard to be exact, but with help I’ve estimated the time I came here from at around 1007.

The last thing I remember before waking up in a new body in this time, I had been with a Native American shaman, who fed me a strange concoction and sent me off into the forest.

If anyone has experienced something like this I would like to know how this happened and potentially return to my time. I have sworn oaths that I cannot fulfill here.

I have learned a great deal about the modern world but my home, my family, is not here.

Welcome. Your first mistake was using colloquial English. I would have expected something from 1000 years in the distant past. Nice try though. It appears you're the first fake time traveler to be fluent with his grammar.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Welcome!

How did you arrive? Did you wake up in a bed, or did you wake up naked in the wood?

Did your clothes travel with you?

WeebdeeW

Welcome. Your first mistake was using colloquial English. I would have expected something from 1000 years in the distant past. Nice try though. It appears you're the first fake time traveler to be fluent with his grammar.

You must be under the assumption people cannot learn new things.

WeebdeeW

Welcome!

How did you arrive? Did you wake up in a bed, or did you wake up naked in the wood?

Did your clothes travel with you?

I can only think whatever mixture the shaman gave me sent me here, somehow.

I woke up in a bed in California.

No my clothes did not, only my mind traveled here.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, it's like your mind transfered to a new body in 2020. Did you already know how to read and write, or did you have to learn it?

Also, were you able to fit in the life of the "body" you got? For instance, did this person had a job, family, etc?

WeebdeeW

Okay, it's like your mind transfered to a new body in 2020. Did you already know how to read and write, or did you have to learn it?

Also, were you able to fit in the life of the "body" you got? For instance, did this person had a job, family, etc?

So it seems. I did have to learn how to read and write here. I still use online tools that help though.

That would be a big no. This body has family and friends, but I am a different person than the man they knew. I had to quit the job he had as a teacher because it was just too much for me. I know very little about science and many things that exist now.