Art Bell caller talked about 'The Experiment' with John Titor

Samstwitch

Last night, October 10, 2013, Art Bell had Open Lines on his Dark Matter Radio Show. A man called in and talked about "The Experiment" that happened with John Titor. The caller was a guy named Florida_Jim who was one of the original posters who interacted with John Titor when he posted on Art Bell's Message Board - the BBS - in 2000-2001. Florida_Jim also mentioned Pamela during his conversation with Art.

For those who don't know about The Experiment, in order to return to his original Worldline, John Titor had to retrace his steps in Time Travel, which meant he had to jump from 2001 back to 1998 on our Worldline, then jump back to 1975. From there he would jump Worldlines to 2036 where he was originally from.

Before John left our Timeline in 2001, he made people an offer...He said they could send him emails (written to themselves), which John would store on a disc, and when he reached 1998, he would send the emails out. They could write whatever they wanted in the emails...he would not read them.

John said, sending the emails would not have any affect on this Worldline...however, that didn't seem to be the case. Shortly after John left our Worldline, some of the participants experienced strange things, which was said to be similar to what happened in the mini-series The Triangle. They experienced what they called "altervus".

Here is a thread where Florida_Jim mentioned altervus, but there are other postings on the Internet where he discussed details of his experiences: A Discovered Time Traveler | Page 3 | Time Travel Institute

Many years ago, I termed this event where John sent out the emails, "The Experiment".

Listen to Florida_Jim at 1:40:58 minutes into the Video below. :)

Last edited:

Samstwitch

In my Opening Post, I just added the Audio Video of Florida_Jim talking to Art Bell about 'The Experiment'.

Last edited:

paradox404

This "altervus" thing sounds like what happens in Steins;Gate whenever the main character sends a "D-mail".

Himalayan Hermit

Here is a thread where Florida_Jim mentioned altervus, but there are other postings on the Internet where he discussed details of his experiences: A Discovered Time Traveler | Page 3 | Time Travel Institute

Many years ago, I termed this event where John sent out the emails, "The Experiment".

Listen to Florida_Jim at 1:40:58 minutes into the Video below. :)

WOW, first of all thanks a ton Sam for sharing the recording!! I will try to rip the MP3 and then listen at ease.
Quite honestly, this supposed "Experiment" is pretty much the only thing about JT that has been of interest to me (esp. after I watched the TV Series "Triangle"). I wasn't expecting that this new Art Bell shows will be shared on YouTube since the radio channel is a paid one (?).

Anyhow, I can't remember if I/anyone asked you this earlier (during our JT chats last yr) or if you're willing to disclose this, but
"Were you a participant in the JT "Experiment"?

Regards,
HH

Himalayan Hermit

Just heard the Florida Jim excerpt. It's crazy what's he is experiencing and actually would be good if we can get him and/or a similar person who participated in the "Experiment" to share more details if they're comfortable doing so and if it doesn't mess them up more.
As a side-note, I just read that Art Bell's show ended abruptly, which is a bummer. I hope he's back online soon with Mad man marcum and Steven Gibbs.

Ren

A rumor has it that John wanted to talk on the show. Then Art retired again right after that.

Jim Houlahan

Thanks Samstwitch for the excellent summation of "The Experiment", and the audio link to boot! I was slurring my words that night. Wasn't drinking, just really tired. :) The altervus continue, but they are infrequent and relatively mild.

Samstwitch

Thanks Samstwitch for the excellent summation of "The Experiment", and the audio link to boot! I was slurring my words that night. Wasn't drinking, just really tired. :) The altervus continue, but they are infrequent and relatively mild.

Hi Jim, it's great to hear from you! Would you please share some of your "altervue" experiences on this thread? I'm very interested in hearing the details about them. I continue researching the subject of John Titor and would love to hear more about your altervues. :)

Now that 13 years have passed since John left, would you tell me what your views are about what he posted regarding events on his Worldline, compared to how things are unfolding on our Worldline?

Did you hear what Larry Haber, attorney for John's family, said in an interview on Fade to Black Radio on June 12, 2014...that we should be receiving a message or some type of communication from John this coming November?

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

~Sam~

Last edited:

Samstwitch

WOW, first of all thanks a ton Sam for sharing the recording!!

"Were you a participant in the JT "Experiment"?

Regards,
HH

Hi HH, unfortunately I was not a participant in The Experiment. Although I was a frequent reader and poster on Art's BBS Message Board, during the time that John was posting, I was preoccupied with a serious family matter. So I missed interacting with John while he was online. I hope someday I get an opportunity to chat with him, if he ever returns.