Art Bell deceased

Art Bell Passes Away at 72

Art Bell, founder and former host of Coast to Coast AM, passed away Friday, April 13. He was 72-years-old. The Nye County Sheriff's Office reports Bell died at his home in Pahrump, Nevada. An official cause of death has not yet been determined. Stay tuned for more information.

art-bell-newsletter.jpg

Art Bell, a self-proclaimed expert on the paranormal who hosted a popular syndicated radio show for decades, has died at the age of 72 -- on Friday the 13th, appropriately enough.

Bell died in his home in Pahrump, Nevada, according to the Nye County sheriff's office.
Community Announcement -- Long time resident, and radio show host, Art Bell died today at 72 years old in his home in Pahrump Nevada.

He started out as a disc jockey but drifted into political talk radio in the 1970s and saw a ratings boost when he veered into the realm of conspiracy theories and the paranormal. He espoused his belief in alien abductions, ghosts, crop circles report -- and even that the Hale-Bopp comet that neared the Earth in 1986 was being followed by a UFO.

Soon, his late-night show "Coast to Coast" gained national syndication and allowed him to broadcast from his own Pahrump-based radio station, KNYE 95.1 FM. At the height of his fame, as many as 500 stations carried his show in the U.S. and Canada.

Bell also made cameo appearances (typically as himself) in movies like 2007's "I Know Who Killed Me" and TV shows like "Dark Skies."
In a 1999 interview with Larry King on CNN, Bell displayed the even-keeled tone and that made his out-there theorizing seem so reasonable and inviting.

"People are always demanding proof," he told King at one point. "These are things that are not easily proved."

Negan

THE member
I love listening to his old Coast to Coast AM classics. Not only was his voice soothing, but he could keep a good conversation going knowing what to ask and knowing when to be quiet and let their guest talk. (Something many hosts today seem to not get.)

I'll miss the guy.

Peaceseeker

i echo how ya all feel. He will be missed. I loved how he was real. He didn't pretend anything, he was total Real, in who he was. That is a rare type of courage to find sometimes. Anyhow, that's one of the reasons i always loved his personality. Listened to him many nights, as ye all did. Yep. He will be missed. Art , Rest In Peace.

Himalayan Hermit

SHOCK ! I just found this out today by accident. I was searching for Movie "Day After Tomorrow" for no reason and It said it's based on a book co-written by Art. And then I see he's gone!. May he RIP. Like a new article said, may be now he finally *knows* being on the other side and is chuckling at us all :)

His legendary C2C shows will live on..