Artificial Intelligence & Future Tech

HDRKID

Hi Hazzie Hippie
Thanks for posting the link. Elephants have brains a lot larger than a person. Also, they are a lot stronger and larger in size. Yet, they are not trying to take over. Robots in the future will be a lot different than what we see in science fiction movies. Probably many will exist in outer space. They will not be metal men. I spend too much time at my keyboard typing things in. :cool:
blue_keys.jpg

Kairos

No.

We are not anywhere closer to general AI now than we were thirty years ago. We have lots of soft AI breakthroughs, but precious little in the way of hard AI.

Kairos

Also, where I think these folks go wrong is not opining about a future singularity event (that I think is coming), but incorrectly guessing what will trigger it. I think the real trigger to a singularity will be a cure for aging and most causes of natural death.

Almost all innovation is made by a two specific demographics: Men in their thirties and forties, living in either East Asia (China, Japan, Korea) or the West (Europe, North America, Australia). Those two groups of men drag the entire world into the future. If we cured the longevity problem, the window would become open ended (would be men in their thirties through centuries) and the numbers of innovative minds would multiply.