Ask a Freemason anything

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What, you are a time travelling free mason? Interesting.

About anything one might want to know can be found in the library in each state's Grand Lodge, oppen to thr public, copies can be made of anything but there is a slight charge. Same thing for York Rite, Scottish Rite, Knight Templar, all of which I have passed but states vary in certain things, take handshakes, it can be shown in a drawing but it should not be discussed outside of the Blue Lodge, or ones basic lodge of the first 3 Degrees. Talking about being "raised" in each degree might be interesting, but I would not do so. Nothing personal but being a Past Master, there are things I just have my own ideas about.:)

themanwithn0name

About anything one might want to know can be found in the library in each state's Grand Lodge, oppen to thr public, copies can be made of anything but there is a slight charge. Same thing for York Rite, Scottish Rite, Knight Templar, all of which I have passed but states vary in certain things, take handshakes, it can be shown in a drawing but it should not be discussed outside of the Blue Lodge, or ones basic lodge of the first 3 Degrees. Talking about being "raised" in each degree might be interesting, but I would not do so. Nothing personal but being a Past Master, there are things I just have my own ideas about.:)

And your Grand Lodge and my grand large may have differences in what is considered permissible and nor permissible.

The Handshakes and secret words are universally not permitted to be spoken of. But thats not stopped people exposing it. One of the first happening early in the existance of the Premir Grand Lodge of England. Within 25 years of the first ritual being crafted secrets were exposed to the profane. And that was not be the last time it will be exposed.

Now then we could discuss what a masonic secret actually is...... :p which could be really entertaining

:) The handshakes are illustrated in "DUNCAN'S RITUAL", along with several other works about "Ancient and Accepted Order of Freemasonary", nothing secret about that. His work goes into the language, well some of the language, which is different often from lodge to lodge but not a great deal. Nope, enough books have enough material one can get an "hint" about the "oaths" and "oaths' aren't really what they are called but can't say what. Sorry. Let's see, the dialoguue between the ranking officers is something not fully quoted anywhere I know of in black and white. It all done by word of mouth and memorization. We're pretty community orientated based over here, less lodge time, more time wwith raising funds and each lodge has its particular "charity" they raise funds for, so you might have a lot of lodges raising funnds for , say, "The Masonic Children's Home", donating monies t young men and women going off to college, is one that comes to mind. Once one gets into York and Scotish Rites, things seem more relaxed but there is more subtle clues that what is heard is not what is meant. I'll let you work on that. So, in fact, you have been given information that supposedly carries with it the death penalty:eek: for giving it or receiving it outside of the "Blue Lodge" to a mason not:eek: of the same degree.

themanwithn0name

:) The handshakes are illustrated in "DUNCAN'S RITUAL", along with several other works about "Ancient and Accepted Order of Freemasonary", nothing secret about that. His work goes into the language, well some of the language, which is different often from lodge to lodge but not a great deal. Nope, enough books have enough material one can get an "hint" about the "oaths" and "oaths' aren't really what they are called but can't say what. Sorry. Let's see, the dialoguue between the ranking officers is something not fully quoted anywhere I know of in black and white. It all done by word of mouth and memorization. We're pretty community orientated based over here, less lodge time, more time wwith raising funds and each lodge has its particular "charity" they raise funds for, so you might have a lot of lodges raising funnds for , say, "The Masonic Children's Home", donating monies t young men and women going off to college, is one that comes to mind. Once one gets into York and Scotish Rites, things seem more relaxed but there is more subtle clues that what is heard is not what is meant. I'll let you work on that. So, in fact, you have been given information that supposedly carries with it the death penalty:eek: for giving it or receiving it outside of the "Blue Lodge" to a mason not:eek: of the same degree.

Well my dear brother I think you under estimate just how much has been going on the internet. I could point to specific websites but I suspect I would likely be sanctionable in doing so by my current grand lodge.

and SOME Grand Lodges have Cyphered books........ I wish I learned in the days of true mouth to ear

Also the similarities between mormon older temple ritual and masonic ritual are also available on the internet if you want to look

And I am very familiar with the nature of North Carolina Freemasonry :p more familiar with south carolina free masonry (I have friends all over the wild world of Free Masonry)

As for my grand lodge I can disclose any masonic information that is not expressly prohibited (and if you can express the prohibited information in a way thats not prohibited it would be ok)

I also have been a Scottish Rite mason (financial matters made my dues slip) a Royal Arch Mason (ditto) Shriner (sadly ditto) Philates (Ditto... But they never purge their email lists) and DeMolay

I even had a pretender to the Throne of Romania in my scottish rite class... good times...

Appreciate talking to you, nice to meet a brother here, hardly expected, so I'll extend to you the Lion's Paw Grasp and let everybody figure wwhat it is and what it looks like, esp. if no one has oberved the 3rd DEGREE in full costume being presented.

themanwithn0name

This is nothing. on 4chan (of all places) their are quasi regular masonic threads. I am not sure I posses the words to describe my feelings.

NOW.... not all lodges use full Costume. Which I have found interesting. Some in Florida even have specialized costume (an old railroad workers lodge has a railway degree)