Ask away...

God is REAL

Ask away...

ok i made this so pple can ask me stuff about God and Christianty, cause what i have noticed is that the catholic church has made a bad name for the rest of us, just so everyone knows not everyone who is chrisitian is catholic or orthodox.

---------just dont write nething to long, i hate typing, so make it to the point, also i dont want to force my opinion on neone, just make u think.

Felic--

Re: Ask away...

Hello God, welcome to the forum. Here is one of my posts from another thread that might interest you.

Suppose that you had been born in a world completely devoid of religion; this includes spiritual illusionment, or the belief that there are certain natural process which neither man nor machine can ever understand. The technological state of this world would be similar to that of the present West.

Forms of religion would never have existed, and therefore could not be taught, although the theory of religion, as the escapist self-illusionment that it is, could be studied. Mental processes such as astral projection which many, in the face of the takeover of secular scientific dominance, now use to continue their mysticism, would be taught in a similar way to vortex theory or spacetime; things that we cannot yet scientifically explain, but will one day, probably soon, be able to according to the pattern of history. Seeing the benefits of living in a disillusioned way, you would never consider the existence of gods or excersise personal mysticism.

This is just a hypothetical scenario; religion is a natural side effect of sentiency that developed early on in the development of the homo sapien. It is simultaneously a tool with which to explain that which we do not understand, and a comfort for those of us with the common fear of ultimate brain death or the responsibility of being the dominant sentient species of a planet.

Similarly to the comparison between people believing lightning storms were reflections of the anger of the gods back in medieval times and modern day science explaining lightning storms as side effects of thermal currents and particles charging in the atmosphere, the modern day belief that astral projection (a phenomenon not yet properly explained by science) is a link to spirituality or 'God' will one day be explained as an entirely scientific process with no mysticism involved.

History and technology have given us the advantage of hindsight. With the robotic singularity, in popular scientific opinion, drawing close, we must accept that we are self-justifiable for our beliefs. If we are to take on the responsibility of creating sentient or partially sentient beings through technology, we must also take on the responsibility for our own disillusionment. The human race can no longer justify its actions by theology. We are not answerable to any 'god', but to the security of the world of the future and of known life itself.

God is REAL

hmmm.... that is very interesting, but its the same stuff ive heard over and over again, so it doesnt surprise me, ok ill start by this the God of christianity the way its suppose to be that is doesnt give mankind an escape from the world, it does the opposite, because mans way of thinking is to survive for onces self it is our instinct correct, so christianity teaches that if u live for others not urself then life becomes better, i will explain later, so how is God of christianity an escape if it tells us to do what our nature tells us not to?

DWOMT

I'm native american. My ancestors had christianity and the cathloic religion forced down their throats. Literally X-(

sinister

Okay here's a question in response to your last post. I am atheist, for the record, and I always enjoy speaking with well-educted, thoughtful people who are religous. Yes, I think Christianity, especially the Roman Catholic Church, has received somewhat of a bad name, but it's the members who are uneducated or don't understand their faith that bother me. Anyway, my question is, why would it be a good idea to move away from how nature has programmed us and our instincts? Also, if you are a Christian, would not "God had made us" be an appropriate replacement for my "nature has programmed us"? And if I'm correct about that, then why would Christianity serve to move man away from how God/nature created us?

God is REAL

ok sinisters question first:
i can explain it, its just u probly wont believe me, but ill expain neway.
Ok in the bible man was created by God in his image, so basically it sez that Adam and Eve were sinnless at first, but because of the devils decieving ways by disobeying Gods command of not eating the fruit Eve let sin enter the world, after this is wat is called the fall of man, since sin entered the world sin ruled over the world, so even our nature became corrupt by it, but since God is almighty he knew and knows everything and lets it happen, ill stop at this, i hope this may clear things up, it probly wont help cause u have ur own beliefs...

and for headiebean's question i know God is reall through my faith, and my relationship with Him.

Felic--

hmmm.... that is very interesting, but its the same stuff ive heard over and over again, so it doesnt surprise me, ok ill start by this the God of christianity the way its suppose to be that is doesnt give mankind an escape from the world, it does the opposite, because mans way of thinking is to survive for onces self it is our instinct correct, so christianity teaches that if u live for others not urself then life becomes better,

I never said anything of the sort. The existence of a God lifts responsibility from the shoulders of man; don't deny that. How can you say my post is 'the same stuff youve heard over and over again' when you haven't even read it properly?

You suggest that to improve my life, I should attempt to improve other people's lives, not my own. Upon examining that statement the logical error should become clear to you.

?i will explain later, so how is God of christianity an escape if it tells us to do what our nature tells us not to?

Again, I said that claiming the existence of a God is a way of escaping responsibility (because we would not be the highest degree of sentient being know), and that subsequently touting the existence of a heaven is a simple result of people fearing death. 'God of christianity' telling us to do what nature tells us not to do is completely irrelevant, and I'm afraid I don't see the sense in that statement in the first place.

i can explain it, its just u probly wont believe me, but ill expain neway.
Ok in the bible man was created by God in his image, so basically it sez that Adam and Eve were sinnless at first, but because of the devils decieving ways by disobeying Gods command of not eating the fruit Eve let sin enter the world, after this is wat is called the fall of man, since sin entered the world sin ruled over the world, so even our nature became corrupt by it, but since God is almighty he knew and knows everything and lets it happen, ill stop at this, i hope this may clear things up, it probly wont help cause u have ur own beliefs...

One of the longest sentences I have ever seen on the forum. God, please take care with your typing and try to use higher quality wording. I know it may seem a little authoritarian, but people will appreciate it if you make your wording easier and more pleasant to read.

You have more or less summarised Genesis with that post. Why not just tell us to read it for ourselves? Or instead of posting this thread at all, just tell us to read the Bible? More to the point, I have read probably most of the Old Testament with the exception of a few books such as Psalms etc; it had a similar effect on me as reading Tolkien's Silmarillion did. It's sheer mysticism, dreamed up partially by the Hebrews, mostly by the Romans and edited by the 1000AD+ scholars in Europe. And apart from a few simple, unprofound morals and fables mixed in with the advocation of mass murder and homophobia, there is very little to gain from it.

God is REAL

Felic-- wow thnx for bashing my grammer on the internet, sorry that i hate typing and i dont take my time word checking all the stuff i type, and dude stop getting pissed off at wat i believe in, i respect the stuff u say and u go and disrespect me, see that excactly wat im saying here, u get pissed off wen u hear the truth cause u dont want to admit it, and by the way there is no possible way u can disprove God, but i do admit there is no 100% way i can prove He exsists, but it still doesnt stop me from living life and bashing on pple who dont care that they have every single sentence correct.

PhantomLord

Ok I have one for you. Two weeks ago, Pro Wrestler Chris Candido died from a blood clot that he got due to complications from a broken leg a couple days before.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2005/artic.../1115552881.php

I wrote most of my column about Chris this week and I asked the same question there that I will here.

They say God has a plan. Well where is it in his plan for a 33 year old man who finally got his life in order after years of drug abuse to break his leg in a freak accident and then die a couple days later after seemingly being in perfect condition.

I said the same thing when that nutcase shot and killed Dimebag Darrell a couple months ago.

If God has a plan where does this all fit in.

I'm by no means an atheist. I believe there is something beyond this world, but basically its like what purpose does it serve for people to die so meaninglessly.