At least 21 dead after shooting at Texas elementary school: officials

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You probably heard about this on the news today. Crazy stuff!

Eighteen students and three adults were killed Tuesday during a shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, a state senator said.

Sen. Roland Gutierrez said he was briefed by state police on the latest fatalities at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, a heavily Latino community.

Three people wounded in the attack are hospitalized in serious condition, Gutierrez told The Associated Press.

Responding officers reportedly killed the shooter, according to Texas Governor Greg Abbott, noting two officers were shot but have no serious injuries.

The suspect is said to be a student at Uvalde High School and is a U.S. citizen, Abbott added.

Uvalde’s district chief of police Pedro “Pete” Arredondo confirmed during a press conference Tuesday that the suspect is dead, noting they are believed to have acted alone during the “heinous” crime.

Arredondo called the shooting a mass casualty incident and said families are being notified.

Wind7

Staff
SlipperyFatAurochs-size_restricted.gif

:cry:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I did a search on Google looking for a credible news source for info about where the Texas school shooting narrative originated. Surprise! Surprise! CNN came up as first choice.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I did a search on Google looking for a credible news source for info about where the Texas school shooting narrative originated. Surprise! Surprise! CNN came up as first choice.
Do you think this shooting is a cover for something else as well? Do you know what it would be yet?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Do you think this shooting is a cover for something else as well? Do you know what it would be yet?

Still no way to verify it yet. But I seen Biden calling for gun legislation to stop the madness. Anybody notice that no one has guns anymore to defend themselves? It is starting to look kind of obvious that gun laws actually enhance a law breakers ability to commit this kind of crime. Apparently you can't keep guns out of a law breakers hands. But history shows putting a gun in everyones hands tends to thwart law breakers from this kind of behaviour. I have taken notice that these mass killers never try this in police stations.

Beholder

Still no way to verify it yet. But I seen Biden calling for gun legislation to stop the madness. Anybody notice that no one has guns anymore to defend themselves? It is starting to look kind of obvious that gun laws actually enhance a law breakers ability to commit this kind of crime. Apparently you can't keep guns out of a law breakers hands. But history shows putting a gun in everyones hands tends to thwart law breakers from this kind of behaviour. I have taken notice that these mass killers never try this in police stations.
During transition periods when only criminals have guns, vetted and trained guards can assist the police by standing in every bad corner. It's discounted by lowering unemployment for the state and safer than letting anyone easily steal a gun.

Civilians can have almost non-lethal weapons with the same stopping power as a rifle. Tazers, gas grenades, flashbangs, kevlar...

No matter how many guns are out there, gunpowder will eventually expire and has to be replaced. Making homemade gunpowder would be more difficult than illegally smuggling in new guns.