Australia will kill millions of cats

HDRKID

Australia will kill millions of cats. They will use poison sausages.

Cats all, folks: Australia aims to kill 2 million feral felines by 2020

Australia is trying to kill its cat population by dropping poisonous sausages from planes

Steven Gibbs likes cats and he says they are excellent vortex hunters.
HDR Cat Vortex Hunter

TimeFlipper

The Timeflipper LOVES cats, and i hope the Australian population lobby the Government into changing its mind....Not only will it kill the feral cats, but household cats could also get involved in the slaughter! :mad:...The Australian Government should be more concerned about what type of people they allow into their wonderful country, than worrying about the indigenous cats!..

samzeman

Controversial opinion, but having an outdoors cat is cruel and dangerous, and feral cats are a bad influence on an ecosystem. Still it might be better to figure out a way to introduce some kind of predator for them or sterilise them or something a little less cruel.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Controversial opinion, but having an outdoors cat is cruel and dangerous, and feral cats are a bad influence on an ecosystem. Still it might be better to figure out a way to introduce some kind of predator for them or sterilise them or something a little less cruel.

If you take away one predator, another will take its place. Of course we already know this. The Cain toad is a very good example. We are not Gods. Every action we take has consequences. Apparently we don't learn from historical fact.

I would say take a ten year timeout. And construct contained habitats to entertain various theories. Based upon the data gained, we could make a more informed choice.

samzeman

The point of invasive species predators like feral cats is that they forced themselves in where no place exists, and it's possible to restore the ecosystem to how it was before.... Though it barely ever happens, because governments don't give a damn lol.

However I'm definitely all for more studies and habitats and stuff. If it's science, I'm into it.

Mayhem

Zenith
Its coming to an Election next month here in Australia countless policies coming out now.

This may get watered down at some point, still 2 million feral cats something should be done.

Dropping these sausages out of planes hmm whats to stop other animals having a bite, killing those the action is trying to prevent,
maybe that will have a rethink. Knowing the parties here it will be pushed onto the backburner or stuffed up in some way.

paradox404

Australia will kill millions of cats. They will use poison sausages.

Cats all, folks: Australia aims to kill 2 million feral felines by 2020

Australia is trying to kill its cat population by dropping poisonous sausages from planes

Steven Gibbs likes cats and he says they are excellent vortex hunters.
HDR Cat Vortex Hunter

Why the hell haven't I heard of this? But then again, if the government is trying to tell people opening a coal mine is going to destroy literally this whole earth, then telling people they're killing cats would cause riots.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If the problem is that bad, I guess something has to be done... I wonder if they thought about the next step though: 2M dead cats. Won't that cause issues like decease, bad smell and such?

How do they know only cats are going to eat the poison sausage? What about all the other wild animals? Sounds like a bad idea all around.

paradox404

If the problem is that bad, I guess something has to be done... I wonder if they thought about the next step though: 2M dead cats. Won't that cause issues like decease, bad smell and such?

How do they know only cats are going to eat the poison sausage? What about all the other wild animals? Sounds like a bad idea all around.

Not as bad of an idea as declaring war on Emu's and then surrendering.