Back to the moon?

TimeFlipper

Interesting, i too am a licensed Radio Amateur and yes iam aware of the E.M.E comms :).
I did think a few times about trying it out, but i would have chosen the lower end of the 144Mhz band...
Initially i considered using QRP with a pair of phased high gain 12 element Yagi`s...I have an FT-817nd transceiver..
The UK Amateur Radio emergency system is called RAYNET, which was provided by the RSGB..
You mentioned parabolic antennas, which are essentially used in the SHF domains, many of them would be used mostly for LOS comms..
As you are a licensed Radio Ham perhaps you would like to join me one evening on Echolink for a natter, i would like that..:)
Our Paranormalis member Opmmur is an American Radio Ham and we have communicated on Echolink a couple of times...
Let me know your call sign and where you are from, iam in the UK..73s :)..

TimeFlipper

This:)

ws19usa-150-1-jpg.6790

I think those were among the first of many combined radio transmitters and receivers (tranceivers) built for use in the second world war, and its still possible to purchase them today, complete with the power supply and aerial tuning unit...Sometimes i think about buying one of them for myself and "stepping back in time" :D..

Kazper

GRADUATE
Interesting, i too am a licensed Radio Amateur and yes iam aware of the E.M.E comms :).
I did think a few times about trying it out, but i would have chosen the lower end of the 144Mhz band...
Initially i considered using QRP with a pair of phased high gain 12 element Yagi`s...I have an FT-817nd transceiver..
The UK Amateur Radio emergency system is called RAYNET, which was provided by the RSGB..
You mentioned parabolic antennas, which are essentially used in the SHF domains, many of them would be used mostly for LOS comms..
As you are a licensed Radio Ham perhaps you would like to join me one evening on Echolink for a natter, i would like that..:)
Our Paranormalis member Opmmur is an American Radio Ham and we have communicated on Echolink a couple of times...
Cool I started to follow you. I don't do really well keying, lol, so I never code lol. I haven't been active lately , it has declined as far as HF concerned, in my neck of the woods. Once in awhile I'll setup a temporary antenna and I have 12, 10, 6, 2, 1.25, Meter and 70 cm band radios. I think our emergency Use to be " RACES " Now its Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) . I haven't been active but I'll setup up ECHOLINK And PM you my Call sign when I get setup. I may try today if I can get my butt up and about lol, I been dealing with a bad headache or weeks, so I'm a bit weak still lol. I used to try to bounce my 5-Watt hand-talkie off of NOAA satellites, without success lol. I did use Echolink a few times, I'm rarely active, but use a lot of RANGER radios. I use a broad-banded 200 watt amp. I sorta ran outta money at that point lol. But yeah we'll have to definitely chat it up

Kazper

GRADUATE
Cool I started to follow you. I don't do really well keying, lol, so I never code lol. I haven't been active lately , it has declined as far as HF concerned, in my neck of the woods. Once in awhile I'll setup a temporary antenna and I have 12, 10, 6, 2, 1.25, Meter and 70 cm band radios. I think our emergency Use to be " RACES " Now its Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) . I haven't been active but I'll setup up ECHOLINK And PM you my Call sign when I get setup. I may try today if I can get my butt up and about lol, I been dealing with a bad headache or weeks, so I'm a bit weak still lol. I used to try to bounce my 5-Watt hand-talkie off of NOAA satellites, without success lol. I did use Echolink a few times, I'm rarely active, but use a lot of RANGER radios. I use a broad-banded 200 watt amp. I sorta ran outta money at that point lol. But yeah we'll have to definitely chat it up
Oh btw be easy on me I'm rusty and have been away from it for 3-4 years., lol:(

TimeFlipper

No problems...I have been aware of the Q code (QRP=Low Power) for many years, and old timers like me continue to use it on telephony and not necessarily restrict it to Morse Code..:)..
The same applies to abbreviated uses such as, SHF which simply means Super High Frequency (you mentioned HF for High Frequency)..
The LOS stands for Line Of Sight communication (y)..
Iam still waiting for you to contact me on Echolink...Go to the European Amateurs then the UK, and log onto the GB3DC repeater station, iam set up on that....Please remember there is a time differential between you in the US and me in the UK..:)..
I

TimeFlipper

i like the old timers. have you delved much into enigma?

Yes i have....I went a few years ago to Bletchley Park in the UK where various models were being shown, i`ll show you a couple of pictures of them plus a pic of the receivers they were using for the code breaking that Bletchley Park was secretly doing in world war 2...There are a few of the ladies still alive today who were the code breakers, but they are still under the official secrets act which means they cannot say too much about what happened at Bletchley Park!!..Iam OFF TOPIC now...

047.JPG 003.JPG 046.JPG ..

Last edited:

Kazper

GRADUATE
No problems...I have been aware of the Q code (QRP=Low Power) for many years, and old timers like me continue to use it on telephony and not necessarily restrict it to Morse Code..:)..
The same applies to abbreviated uses such as, SHF which simply means Super High Frequency (you mentioned HF for High Frequency)..
The LOS stands for Line Of Sight communication (y)..
Iam still waiting for you to contact me on Echolink...Go to the European Amateurs then the UK, and log onto the GB3DC repeater station, iam set up on that....Please remember there is a time differential between you in the US and me in the UK..:)..
I
OK I gotcha I have everything setup, but I am having insomnia issue at this time lol, OMG 1st I have the headache and now the Powers to be will not let me sleep lol. Yes I'm more familiar with the context CW, HF, UHF, VHF, AM, FM, LSB, USB.

Here goes a few of my radios / mics that are brand new basically with full mod kits including echo and power conversion. plus 3 Yaesu radios on higher bands and dualband hand-talkie.

RCI-2970N2
http://www.bellscb.com/products/microphones/MFJ/images/MFJ-299_2.jpg
Amazon.com: Silver Salute Tranceiver Base Amplified Microphone: Electronics
http://rigreference.com/img/rigs/127/5516/ranger-rhf-618.jpg

Kazper

GRADUATE
We are off topic..
Not really, this equipment is capable of surpassing the moon and sliding between standard frequencies. The Microphones can change voice frequencies output, lol.:). I consider the Myth of the moon landings topic and their radio use to prove and disprove the moon landing to be a very essential to the authenticity of the Moon landing, lol , m JK HAHAHA. Yeah I see what ur saying. :). I most likely will be on echolink this evening BTW