Bar Magnets Included with the HDR?

FarOutThere

I am curious what bar magnets were originally included with the HDR.

Does anyone have a photo or information about the specific magnets provided?
Or how many there were?

Attachments

• barmagnets1.jpg
    barmagnets1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 10

Sonix

The magnet that I received with my HDR earlier this year was a regular semi-strong magnet with N and S labelled. It is not used during the functioning of the HDR, is only used for testing that everything is hooked up correctly, as your posted excerpt suggests. Some experimenters (such as HDRKID @HDRKID ) have added magnets to the electromagnet to augment it's magnetic field (I myself do this, using rare earth magnets), but that is not the purpose of the magnet that was included with the HDR. I do seem to remember that earlier models of the HDR had a magnet to be placed between the electromagnet and the body (I seem to remember that from Keelynet?)

TimeFlipper

You could use the simple "continuity tester" that you would find in almost any cheap Mutltimeter, instead of buying a bar magnet..
Iam certain you would know of someone that has a Multimeter, or just a basic continuity tester, or maybe construct one yourself :)..

Go onto You Tube and look for, How To Make a Simple Continuity Tester At Home(y)..

Last edited:

FarOutThere

You could use the simple "continuity tester" that you would find in almost any cheap Mutltimeter, instead of buying a bar magnet..
Iam certain you would know of someone that has a Multimeter, or just a basic continuity tester, or maybe construct one yourself :)..

Go onto You Tube and look for, How To Make a Simple Continuity Tester At Home(y)..

I am interested in the specific details of the original items sent by Gibbs, including their dimensions.

I have more than enough multimeters. :geek:

steven chiverton

the original bar magnets used by gibbs was the barium oxide ones and ive searched world wide on the net for them and found none so wherever he got his from they are not listed online either selling them either so as far as i can say they cant be found or brought and if he buys them why aren't they or the place who sold him them listed online as a seller so i gave up trying to find them so use powerful rare earth ones rectangle ones stuck together to make a bar magnet they sure do vibrate from the magnetic fields of the electromagnet

TimeFlipper

I am interested in the specific details of the original items sent by Gibbs, including their dimensions.

Good to know you do have a Multimeter, in that case you wont need a bar magnet to ensure everything is coupled up..
I see one of my purposes as an "elder statesman" on Paranormalis, to help fellow members save their money and also to encourage building stuff for themselves, or at the very least get someone else to help them out (y):D..

TimeFlipper

the original bar magnets used by gibbs was the barium oxide ones and ive searched world wide on the net for them and found none so wherever he got his from they are not listed online either selling them either so as far as i can say they cant be found or brought and if he buys them why aren't they or the place who sold him them listed online as a seller so i gave up trying to find them so use powerful rare earth ones rectangle ones stuck together to make a bar magnet they sure do vibrate from the magnetic fields of the electromagnet

Good to see you back again Steve..
I did a quick search for Barium Oxide Magnets and got transferred to Barium Ferrite magnets, if they could be the type of magnet you are looking for cobber...There are a few companies in America and China selling the Barium Ferrite Magnets, i will leave you the links, but when you reach the companies be sure to enter in "their" search engines, Barium Ferrite Magnets...(y):D..

www.alibaba.com
www.made-in-china.com