Bedtime for Democracy

Crosstika

Bedtime for Democracy

Welp it's official folks, democracy has died , it was fun while it lasted, pack your bags and prepare to have your lives dictated by the new nazis from now on.,.

www.cnn.com

The House early Monday passed legislation enabling a federal court to review whether Terry Schiavo should be kept alive via a feeding tube....

DadOf5

Re: Bedtime for Democracy

Pulled from AOL News

\"Today, congressional leaders are trying to appoint Congress as a judge and jury,\" said Rep. Jim Davis, D-Fla. \"If we do not draw the line in the sand today, there is no limit to what democratic principles this Congress will ignore or what liberties they may trample on next.\"

I found it refreshing that a politician, especially a Florida politician, could speak such true words.

JediStryker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
Welp it's official folks, democracy has died , it was fun while it lasted, pack your bags and prepare to have your lives dictated by the new nazis from now on.,.[/b]

Yes, the "new Nazis" want to ensure that a woman's murder is not being unjustly sanctified by a court system that has long been crossing the bounds set forth for it by the Constitution. BASTARDS!

After everything I've read about this case, I am shocked that any judge could find in favor of having this tube pulled. If the parents want to take on the burden of maintaining her care, let them! **** this guy; all he wants is money and to be able to screw his girlfriend without the Pope looking down on him.

StarLord

Interesting. So tell me Jedi, what about the "Quality" of life that this woman is forced to endure? Would you wish to be stuck here year after year enduring a life situation that has very little to offer in the way of experience and growth?

Just how much do you suppose there is to be learned by being laid up like that? How long do you think it would take to experience the full gamut of knowledge that state has to offer a person?

A very good friend of mine was wasting away from Cancer. She and her mate decided that rather than prolong her agony and the fact that there would never be any changes to her state of health, decided to end it. I see total logic in that decision. It boils down to a matter of Quality of Life.

There is a new type of "Living Will" that has come out where you can turn over the decision to having to be hooked up to Resperators, Irrigators, Feeding Tubes and what ever else Automatic type of Machinery that takes over the body's functions because yours can no longer perform that function, to a trusted loved one or mate.

My father of his own volition has not only TOLD me but also ASKED me to make sure that he is NEVER hooked up to ANY kind of machinery to sustain him in this world. Due to the fact that I love him, I have to respect his wishes. I also very much understand the logic behind those wishes.

Where is the Quality Of Life for this woman?

Darkwolf

After everything I've read about this case, I am shocked that any judge could find in favor of having this tube pulled. If the parents want to take on the burden of maintaining her care, let them! **** this guy; all he wants is money and to be able to screw his girlfriend without the Pope looking down on him.

Jedi, I'll agree that the case should not have turned out the way it did, but this is an alarming precident. Now that it is set, the federal government can interfere in local and state matters at will. Congress's job is to make laws, not to determine the outcome of any specific matter. Now that they can do that, we might not like the outcome so much the next time they decide to stick their noses somwhere. Deathblow to democracy No, but it sure didn't help anything.

Judge Bean

Actually, both Ashcroft and his successor have demonstrated a drooling eagerness to trample the law and the Constitution underfoot in order to do the bidding of Bush, who never saw a sentence that couldn't wear him out before he read through to the end of it.

Individuals are appointed to the cabinet and insist upon being called "Judge." The entire administration is bent on being activist judges and forcing the courts to be activist about Bush policies.

Under the Orwellian dangerphrase "activist judiciary," they have worked on a daily basis to force the courts to act outside of precedent and codified law to overturn valid State laws and Supreme Court cases upholding various forms of the right to privacy in sex, marriage, and reproduction-- and now in the realm of "life."

Even the worst possible motives of the parties involved cannot justify the wreckage Bush has made of the doctrines of Separation of Powers and Preemption, and States' Rights. Remember that the "conservatives" were originally against "big government." Certainly you hear very little of that nowadays.

To Bush, the courts are simply bureaus which stamp approval on his weird and unnatural plans to collapse the government into one Branch, and all of the military and intelligence organizations run out of the Oval Office. That, my friend, is what should make you angry, not the decision by one State, through its legally-endowed authorities, to let somebody die sooner.

If Bush succeeds, we're all in deep trouble.

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JediStryker\")</div>
What a drama queen.

Yes, the \"new Nazis\" want to ensure that a woman's murder is not being unjustly sanctified by a court system that has long been crossing the bounds set forth for it by the Constitution. BASTARDS!

After everything I've read about this case, I am shocked that any judge could find in favor of having this tube pulled. If the parents want to take on the burden of maintaining her care, let them! **** this guy; all he wants is money and to be able to screw his girlfriend without the Pope looking down on him.[/b]

Welp, now that you and bushco passed your moral judgement on this case, I guess that means all states laws will be subject to the same scrutiny and the law of the land exists no longer. Throw out the constitution and bring in the bible. If that's the case and it's ok with you, it just proves the american people are so brainwashed into believing what bush wants them to believe they'll throw away any of their rights to serve the him obediantly. Drink your kool aid and do what bush tells ya'

Isn't name calling against the rules here?

PyRo99

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
Welp, now that you and bushco passed your moral judgement on this case, I guess that means all states laws will be subject to the same scrutiny and the law of the land exists no longer. Throw out the constitution and bring in the bible. If that's the case and it's ok with you, it just proves the american people are so brainwashed into believing what bush wants them to believe they'll throw away any of their rights to serve the him obediantly. Drink your kool aid and do what bush tells ya'

Isn't name calling against the rules here?[/b]

Yes.

JediStryker

This woman is apparently not braindead. She can apparently express emotions, and apparently once (and may still) have the opportunity to regain at least some of her former functionality. Her parents have offered to take over paying the medical bills and have begged her husband to just let her go.

Her husband refuses. The apparent reason is that he wants her life insurance, and wants to be able to marry his girlfriend without having to get a divorce because he's Catholic.

Call me a religious wacko. Call me a Neo-Conservative. I don't care. That's ****ing cruel, there's no real reason for it, and this guy is just a bastard. He can eat me.

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JediStryker\")</div>
This woman is apparently not braindead. She can apparently express emotions, and apparently once (and may still) have the opportunity to regain at least some of her former functionality. Her parents have offered to take over paying the medical bills and have begged her husband to just let her go.

Her husband refuses. The apparent reason is that he wants her life insurance, and wants to be able to marry his girlfriend without having to get a divorce because he's Catholic.

Call me a religious wacko. Call me a Neo-Conservative. I don't care. That's ****ing cruel, there's no real reason for it, and this guy is just a bastard. He can eat me.[/b]

I've seen countless reports from doctors claiming the woman's brain is mostly goo, I've seen xrays, she doesn't express emotions, it's reflex. The lights are (kind of) on but nobodies home. Cruel would be forcing someone to exist in this state for years. Regardless of the fact this isn't a moral matter, this is a matter of LAW. IF you wanna allow bush and his cohorts to trample all over the constitution, then don't complain when they start invading your personal rights .