BG, Hollis test failed

IroncladMarshmallow

Time travel communication can be tricky. You never know at what point one will encounter your communication. It's easy to say you could set up different email or other accounts in different phases of time travel, but the human mind is blessed with the ability to forget. There are myriad ways of communicating throughout time, and we've used many of them. It's best not to worry about these things.

Rawknee

Time travel communication can be tricky. You never know at what point one will encounter your communication. It's easy to say you could set up different email or other accounts in different phases of time travel, but the human mind is blessed with the ability to forget. There are myriad ways of communicating throughout time, and we've used many of them. It's best not to worry about these things.

You say there's a myriad of ways - what's one?

Ayasano

He specifically said he couldn't figure out how to use the private message function on this forum. Apparently problem solving skills have taken a downturn in the future.

I don't know much about this medium/site and an unfamiliar with how I would privately message someone.

Ayasano

You say there's a myriad of ways [of communicating through time] - what's one?

The Internet Archive

The problem with the internet archive is that page content isn't searchable directly. You have to know the url of the page containing the data you want, which limits its usefulness. Apparently the function was in beta at one point, but was subsequently removed. An alternative I've mentioned on here before is Google's cache, since that can be searched directly, although time will tell how permanent it is.

If all else fails, there's always the old fashioned snail mail "deliver this letter to this location on this date". I wouldn't trust Royal Mail with that though, they'll only go and lose your letter after the first week! Perhaps there's money to be made setting up a holding service for time travel mail?

Oh, and there's also FutureMe.org: Write a Letter to the Future

The problem with the internet archive is that page content isn't searchable directly. You have to know the url of the page containing the data you want, which limits its usefulness. Apparently the function was in beta at one point, but was subsequently removed. An alternative I've mentioned on here before is Google's cache, since that can be searched directly, although time will tell how permanent it is.

I know about Google's cache, but didn't know the Internet Archive wasn't searchable. I think I discovered it when it was in beta. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

I suppose the three requirements for sending a message through time are that it survives, that it can be found by or can find the recipient, and that it is understandable. Anything else you can think of?

Last edited:

Ayasano

I know about Google's cache, but didn't know the Internet Archive wasn't searchable. I think I discovered it when it was in beta. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

I suppose the three requirements for sending a message through time are that it survives, that it can be found by or can find the recipient, and that it is understandable. Anything else you can think of?

Possibly a fourth: The recipient has to want to receive the message. If they just toss it in the trash it's not of much use.

AAA

The recipient must be aware of the context and parameters. Otherwise, it is like speaking English to a chef who only speaks Greek, and asking them the best method of replacing a cracked transmission casing.

AAA

Another thing is that it needs to be less ambiguous. ...as in absolutely clear and concise.

It is a somewhat personalized means that relies on implied or inferred logic using inductive and deductive reasoning, correlations and such.

I'll use this thread as an example.

Party A made a demand of party B in a context exclusive of Paranormalis. I see that it is a response.

" BG Hollis test failed " is saying 2 things;

1 - It is indicating the addressee
2 - It is explaining that something went wrong.

I have no idea what went wrong because I cannot understand the context. With no definitive frame of reference, It means very little other than the 2 above things cited.

" Sorry to cut right to it, but the test did not tie as hoped. I know you have at least two more options so please do not despair! "

This says;

1 - Indicates that it is from Party B or someone interfering between Parties A and B
2 - Something went wrong
3 - Stay hopeful

My response is;

What test? What went wrong? Hope for what? WTF are you talking about?

If party B knows what is going on, and knows who is involved, knows where to find Party A, and knows it is causing frustration, insanity and suffrage for Party A, and continues with it, then it is deliberate stalking, harassment, cruel and unusual torture, and a threat to the welfare of Party A.

...and thus justifies a response from Party A to identify Party B and kill it as a means of defense of Party A's welfare.

It is akin to someone locking you in a room, giving you a blank piece of paper with no writing utensil, and demanding you "write down the names of all of them", "describe it's color", and "add them up"

If you do not understand 'them' or 'it' or have a writing utensil, it is just someone locking you in a room and trying to piss you off. The appropriate response is to start killing people and breaking things.

CUT THE SHIT YOU SICK MUTHER FUCKERS!!!!! <--- This is an example of a clear and concise means of communication

:)