Blindness prevails, ignorance dominates!!!

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

I was certain that we had a Topic here, one that we were following up to a point. Too many parallel worlds around here, I keep opening the door to the wrong one and getting a rude surprise.

Can I suggest a convergence or World Lines, to the one with the Topic in. The one that I was following. ;)

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Grayson@Aug 27 2004, 09:11 PM
I was certain that we had a Topic here, one that we were following up to a point. Too many parallel worlds around here, I keep opening the door to the wrong one and getting a rude surprise.

Can I suggest a convergence or World Lines, to the one with the Topic in. The one that I was following. ;)

My fault. I was distracted by the Padraic episode; he managed to bait me into a response. Perhaps this post will help us back to topic. I think that many people still don't feel that the end of the system is approaching, regardless of whether that will mean that Titor was a prophet. At least in this country, most are content with ignoring the general state of affairs. May I put it into perspective? Thank you.

[“…AND YOU DON’T BELIEVE WE’RE ON THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION.”
-Barry Maguire

THE LYING CANDIDATES I: “We are turning the corner; it’s morning in America; we’re on the road to recovery and more jobs, and more breaks for the average American!”

The major candidates for the Democratic nomination as well as the Bush Whackers have all made public statements committing them to a stronger security system beginning next year. Edwards called for a domestic intelligence agency even as he was running for president in the primaries; Kerry has not spoken against the “Patriot” Act. The primary concern for the Act and its Actors at this time is that intelligence agencies, including the FBI, should all pool their resources and powers and gather information without restraint—information on citizens.

To this end, the feds have stepped up the protection of these powers by intruding more and more into Americans’ personal records. Six federal agencies decided to take the part of banks who want to share consumer information that is protected under California state law; they want to share information such as bank balances and spending habits with affiliated companies such as insurance and investment outfits owned by same parent financial company. The Office of Thrift Supervision, Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, National Credit Union Administration and the Federal Trade Commission say that the State of California has gone too far, “overstepped its regulatory bounds,” and that federal law lets banks “promote affordable financial services.”

The general program appears to be one of polarizing and dividing the people. 3% of American workers are in prison; 3 million Americans live in “gated communities.” 45 million Americans are without health coverage, including 25% of the chronically ill. The total stock of personal debt exceeds 120 percent of personal income. 40% of U.S. wealth is owned by the top 1% of wealthiest Americans, while poverty is climbing to 40 million, or 14% of population. The top 20% of male workers’ earnings rose by 4% between 1979-96, the bottom 20% fell 44%.

"Western Europe" follows much the same program.

Government is becoming indistinguishable from the corporations. In the 1990s, for example, a secret program called Echelon (a highly advanced electronic satellite surveillance system developed to fight the Cold War) was continued after the end of the Soviet bloc in 1991 for commercial espionage to favor British and American corporations.

There is currently a rate of $75 billion in annual direct subsidies to businesses by the U.S. government; for state and local governments, $1.7 bilion in tax rebates and subsidies.

“And if the financial markets deem that a new national health care scheme or a massive education reform will prove too costly, they will respond with higher interest rates or a collapsing currency. In this way global market forces not only rule out the kind of compensation to losers tht would reduce the social costs of globalization, they also seem to challenge state sovereignty itself. The footloose, mobile nature of global capital increasingly dictates what government can and cannot, singly at least, do.” (52, Hertz)

Part of this is the infamous “inversion transaction,” in which a U.S. company becomes a foreign corporation while still maintaining U.S. operations, but avoids U.S. taxes.

300 multinational corporations account for 25% of the world’s assets; the 6 largest earn $111-126 billion per year; only 21 nations have higher GDPs. The U.S. corporate income tax rate was 42-51% between 1950-1987, but from 1988, it has gone down to 34-35%. This is sheer theft from the infrastructure of American society, and a direct violation of the people’s will. The people want this money for schools and roads and an overall higher standard of living.

THE LYING CANDIDATES II: “We are safer now; mistakes were made, and we have to work to make America safer!”

Without the action of Congress, and with the collusion of the Supreme Court, the Executive has been busy classifying Americans as dangerous resident enemies. One provision of the secret Patriot II Act had a provision in which individuals could be designated as foreign sovereignties. Americans have traditionally counted among their number, and extended rights, to immigrants and refugees—“pre-Americans.” No longer.

Suspects in criminal cases, including the mass murder of 9/11, can be detained indefinitely if only labeled “enemy combatants.” If worthy of the label, they can be held without being charged or allowed access to lawyers. The label is given by the Pentagon to “anyone who is part of supporting the Taliban or al-Qauda forces or associated forces engaging in hostilities against the United States or our coalition partners.” As we have learned, “support” can consist of innocent charitable contributions to “front organizations,” and “hostilities” refer to wars in the Middle East begun by American aggression.

On the other hand, the biggest public pension funds in the U.S. have invested almost $200 billion in companies that conduct business in countries that support terrorism, according to the Center for Security Policy (8/14/04). For example, County Employees’ Retirement Associations invest pension funds in Iran, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, and Syria. By its own definition, then, the federal government supports those who are associated with or supporting forces engaged in hostilities against us, and thus the government is an “enemy combatant.”

In addition, the Department of Homeland Security has just given Border Patrol agents the power to deport immigrants without an appearance before an immigration judge, which has always been the minimal requirement of due process. (To take effect this month).

At the same time, the feds work hard to document illegal immigrants, offering them incentives to register for, e.g., emergency care, providing they answer questions about legal status. Offering a billion dollars for a program to extend healthcare to illegal aliens at this time may seem strange until you realize that it will result in a list of undocumented persons who may be summarily deported.

“AMERICA WANTS TO EXPAND DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM IN THE WORLD—GOD WANTS US TO DO IT; IT IS OUR DESTINY.”

The candidates want us to believe that they are distinct on the important issues. Yet how would a Kerry presidency differ from another Bush one? “Yes I would have voted for the authority [to wage war in Iraq, knowing what we know now about the failure to find WMD]. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have.” JK, Friday, August 6, 2004.

(Partial Calendar of American Foreign Policy Shame):

1953: CIA backed the fall of popular govt of Prime Min. Mohammed Mosaddeq to restore the Shah and allow American oil companies into the country for their 40% share.

1954: U.S. helped overthrow elected Guatemalan Pres. Jacobo Arbenz, replaced by CIA-backed military dictatorship, which “[o]ver the next 40 years… built the worst human rights record in the Western Hemisphere,” in order to secure interests of United Fruit.

1964: U.S. backed overthrow of Brazil’s democratic government in favor of a military regime which “imposed military rule on Brazil for the next twenty years,” in order to attract U.S. investment and become a trading partner.

1973: Gen. Augusto Pinochet of Chile took over the government in a coup in Sept. 1973 from the elected president Salvador Allende; ruled until 1990. Over 3,000 disappeared or died, and Pinochet amassed a fortune in American bank accounts, $4-8 million.

1976: Kissinger met with Argentina’s foreign minister, a general, in June, 1976, and conveyed in no uncertain terms that the military dictators running the country since their takeover in March ought to move quickly to normalize their rule. “If there are things that have to be done, you should do them quickly.” They were in power for the next six years, during which time 9,000-30,000 disappeared, kidnapped, tortured, killed.

1980s: active support of undemocratic regimes such as Pres. Marcos, Gen. Pinochet, and South Africa, because they had manipulable economic systems, not nationalized or socialized. Supported, then arrested Noreiga. Ousted the legitimate government of Grenada.

I hope that this puts us back on track. I think that the topic had to do with the overall unconscious cooperation of the people with their own manipulation and "polarization." For us at the present time, this is focused on the election.